We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vilamoura weather

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
vilamoura weather

hi

just booked flights for 3may -8th what are the chances of some sunshine is it sunbathing weather , have been b4 in june and july

so bit nervous about may weather

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vilamoura weather

Definitely sunbathing weather. Might not perfect all the time but it'll be pretty good. Saying that we did get totally drenched last may at the far far far end of the marina.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vilamoura weather

thanks ill pack the suncream so fingers crossed!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vilamoura weather

May normally good but if you do get a shower be sure it will be a belter.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vilamoura weather

Wondering a similar thing - we are coming out next Monday for 11 days - our first ever visit to Portugal and not sure what to expect weather wise....... strappy top and shorts and slap on the suncream or short sleeve tee and crops.. and evening will we need jackets or a wrap of some sort? Any help will be appreciated x

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,495 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vilamoura weather

The Algarve is in the middle of the worst drought for 100 years. It hasn't rained, to speak of, for three months. That means it will probably chuck it down next week but don't be too mad, we really do need it.

It's been 22C today, blazing sunshine but a bit of wind. Tonight it will drop to about 10C/50F and it will feel a bit nippy as the sun has been out all day.

Not much change expected for the near future.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vilamoura weather

Thanks Cubsur - I hope the rain hold off until Good Friday and then it pees down LOL - that's the day we come home. sorry I know you guys need the water............... I worry as my Sister in law went to Portugal last Easter and it peed down most of the time they were there.. I have not got a clue what the hell to pack !!! have only got the one big case booked and carry on's _ I really could kill my Hubby for that - but never mind - so need to pack hopefully according to the weather..........

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,495 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vilamoura weather

It's the wind that you will notice in the evenings. After the clocks go forward this weekend, it will be getting dark around 745pm and by 830 it can feel fairly cool.

Edited: 20 March 2012, 20:54
Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: vilamoura weather

My son is just back yesterday after 5 days in Vilamoura. Thunderstorm the first day for about an hour. Rest of time spent in glorious sunshine and blue skies. In the pool every day. Cool at night.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vilamoura weather

Thanks for that - will pack a lightweight fleece I think for the evening and a pashmina to cover all eventualities....... best pack the suncream too!

10. Re: vilamoura weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations