We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer

Oxford, United...
3 posts
I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer
Save

Hi ,

I am looking for accommodation for the last two weeks of July to the end of August. As near as possible to Bruniquel to visit a relative and I want to practice my French which I am currently studying . I would prefer to be self contained but will also be happy to share a house or rent a room? A fair price is important as I am staying more than the usual one or two weeks! I will also need to be close to transportation links. I hope someone can help?

Many thanks

4 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,536 posts
22 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer
Save

There are various B&Bs, gites and a campsite listed in the village's website:

http://www.bruniquel.fr/tourisme/

If you need any help contact the tourist office also listed in the above website.

I've been to this village and it's nice but somewhat remote. You will need your own transport.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
13,731 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer
Save

You are looking to stay for six weeks at the height of the season and, even though it is a little remote, most self-catering places located in the vicinity would expect to be able to sell all six weeks at their highest tariff, which, even for the smallest places, may well be € 500 a week. Indeed, many places may well already be booked for some or all of those weeks.

The local tourism site, which célestina has provided a link to above, provides in its turn links to properties which might suit you. They are likely to give prices but probably won't say on-line which weeks might still be available, you will have to contact them for that. Don't forget that they will require sizeable (and probably largely non-refundable) deposits for the booking, and then again when you arrive as a security against potential damage.

And again, as Celestina has said, you will need your own transport throughout your stay unless your relative is going to act as your taxi driver.

Oh, and I suspect that you are being a trifle optimistic in hoping to practice your French. Obviously local traders will speak French, but you may well find that most of your other contacts will be with tourists from outside France whose French is little or no better than yours.

Edited: 3 years ago
3. Re: I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2018, 14:04

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for France
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
57 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer
Save

You could also want to have a look at : https://www.gites-de-france.com/

Reply to: I want to find accommodation for 6 weeks this summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bruniquel
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.