We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent driver/guide for northern Ethiopia

Silver Spring...
1 post
2 reviews
Excellent driver/guide for northern Ethiopia

If you are looking for a driver/guide for a tour in northern Ethiopia, Kibrom Tadesse is absolutely outstanding. We have been on two multi-day tours with him, one to Lalibela and one to Gheralta-Debre Damo-Axum-Shire. He can also arrange trips to the Danakil, Semien mountains, and other places in northern Ethiopia.

Kibrom is an outstanding and experienced driver. We and our three children always felt extremely safe with him at the wheel. He also speaks very good English.

He is not formally a guide, but knows and can suggest good hotels and sights to see. Highly recommended. His contact details are:

+251-913-027-261

kibromtadesse61@yahoo.com

Can also be found on WhatsApp and Viber

3 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Excellent driver/guide for northern Ethiopia

I agree. We had a comfortable ride going to Lalibela, Lake Tana, Gondar and Axum. Thanks Kibrom!

Erwin from Philippines

Edited: 30 July 2018, 19:27
2. Re: Excellent driver/guide for northern Ethiopia

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable 2 days visiting churches in Tigrai with Kibrom. He is a very careful and considerate driver and his English is good. Even through he isn't a certified guide, he still knows a lot about the history of Northern Ethiopia. He can arrange everything from guide to meals to accommodations. We highly recommend him. Rick and Eva from Vienna, Austria.

1 post
3. Re: Excellent driver/guide for northern Ethiopia

I am looking to hire Kibrom to take me from Mekele to Hawzen/Gheralta to Axum over the course of two days. He has quoted me $400 (I have already arranged all of my accommodations.) Does this seem reasonable to you? I ask only because it seems quite high, but I don't know what to compare it to. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to: Excellent driver/guide for northern Ethiopia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tigray Region