We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music

Which Doolin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
280 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Music

Our current plans has my wife and I visiting Doolin in the late afternoon. Are we out of luck in listening to any music. From what I read, the music performances starts late in the evening.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music

That's correct. Not sure I would visit Doolin for an afternoon - not much to see there. What you could do is plan on a meal at McGann's pub - there's always a chance a musician may be there.

Doolin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music

'Not much to see in Doolin' - Why make a comment like that 'trintraveler'. It may be your opinion but not necessarily the correct advice. In addition to having a meal in McGann's pub or in any of the other pubs in the village, there is a number of craft shops, a music shop, a book shop, a deli and coffee shop, pitch & putt, tourist information and a number of very interesting walks including with historical and archaeological sites. There is an early music session in O'Connors pub on Sunday afternoons and sessions start in all the pubs at 9.30 every night. Please come and enjoy yourselves.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
280 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music

Thank you trintraveler and rainbowhostel for your comments.

I have changed my plans to allow me to stay the night in Doolin and enjoy the music as well as the other sights.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
768 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music

I agree with 'trintraveler'. Not worth a trip to hear music in the afternoon--probably won't find any. Most pubs will start their sessions around 9:30. We had a very good meal at McDermott's and since we were staying within walking distance, we returned for the evening music session. Not my "opinion" but fact--it was the worst music session we heard during our three week stay in Ireland. The music we heard in Kinsale, Dingle, Clifden was all better hands down. Admittedly, it was one night in one pub, but given all the hype we had heard about the Doolin music scene it was very disappointing.

5. Re: Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 02:18