We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

valencia, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

I will be driving from Killarney to Doolin by myself (my friends are going back to Dublin) How long will it take me to drive, and what can I see in the one day? I leave out of Shannon the next morning @ 12:00. Should I take the cliffs of Mohr cruise?

Ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

Hi,

Check out the link below to a similar post that might be of use to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g211884-i1767-k264…

Also have a look at this rout planning website (which includes crossing the Shannon by ferry and avoiding Limerick):

www.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

I would allow yourself 3hours at least..but probably more for photo stops :)

I hope you enjoy your visit.

valencia, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

Thank you for your response. Do you have any recommendations for a B&B in Doolin? Since I will be by myself I want to be close to one of the pubs to walk to at night.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

We've stayed at Toomulin House B&B a couple of times. It's a very pleasant, comfortable and friendly little B&B and it's close to McGann's and McDermott's pubs. Doolin's a pretty small place so nowhere is far from anywhere else. There's nightly traditional music sessions at McGann's, McDermott's and O'Connor's (at the other end of the village). I'd suggest heading to McGann's - it's lively but smaller than O'Connors and probably a better choice if you're on your own.

http://www.toomullindoolin.com/

We had a female friend in her 50s come to visit us last summer and she spent 3 or 4 days in Doolin on own. She stayed at the Doolin Activity Lodge and was very happy with it.

http://www.doolinlodge.com/

This site has accommodation and other information about Doolin.

http://www.doolin-tourism.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

Hi,

We stayed at Roadford House which was lovely:

www.roadfordrestaurant.com

It is also a great restaurant and is close to Mc Dermotts and MsGanns.

New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

Took the cliffs cruise and loved it!

co. clare
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

You should head for the Tarbert Ferry as the best way to get from Killarney to Doolin. From there you will travel into Kilrush, head for Milltown and then to Doolin. It is a fairly easy drive and the trip across the Shannon is really pretty. I can make the trip from Killarney to Doolin in under 3 hours but have had a bit of practice doing it, plus, I don't usually stop anywhere along the way. And YES, you should take the Cliffs of Moher cruise. I have seen the cliffs from all sides and angles but the cruise is by far my favorite way to see them. When leaving Doolin the next day for Shannon you will have an easy trip, with the new by-pass system around Ennis it takes less than 1 hour to get to the airport. When in Doolin, be sure to visit the stained glass shop.

7. Re: Single woman coming to Doolin Aug 21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 05:17