We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Doolin Photos

new england
14 posts
Save Topic
Best Doolin Photos

Hi Everyone,

We are surprising my Dad for his 80th birthday and taking him to Ireland (his life dream) to Doolin. I'm trying to arrange present him a little photo album with the last page being the tickets.

For those of you who have some great photos that you wouldn't mind sharing..I would love to include them in his present. My email address is ktsamis@sbcglobal.net

Thanks in advance!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Doolin Photos

Can't help you with the photos but what a lovely way to present a wonderful gift - good luck in your search and have a great time on the trip :-)

K+P

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Doolin Photos

You'll find a goldmine on Flickr:

1. go to http://www.flickr.com/explore/

2. go to explore/world map

3. In flickr's search bar, type "doolin ireland"

4. Click on the pink dots that show up. Voila!

Virginia
Level Contributor
917 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Doolin Photos

I have just a few photos of Doolin near the end of my Ireland set on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69064243@N00/147728911/in/set-72157594185710518/

might be the best of them. Take a look, if you like, and if you find something you'd like, I'd be glad to send you the full-resolution file.

The funny thing about these photos, our last stop in Ireland was in Doolin. I got up early to take some photos before the cars started to park in Fisherstreet. While on my way, I missed a step, fell, and broke my wrist. I went on down, took a few shots, and went back to the room, pale, sweating, and in pain. I told my wife I might have hurt myself, and her response was "Is the camera alright?"

The camera was indeed alright. and a few years later, after having a plate and 11 screws installed in my wrist, I'm OK too.

Enjoy your trip, Ireland is a magical place.

new england
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Doolin Photos

I tried that but you cannot download the photos off of flickr

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Doolin Photos

You can save photos off of Flickr. Click the photo you want, select which size you'd like, and when the photo loads, just right-click and choose "save as". I just tried it and it works.

What a great birthday gift!

Limerick
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Doolin Photos

I got this link off Flicker but dont know if it will work if not try a copy of the words and put it in the space. There is some good photos.LD

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=+doolin+co.clare&m=text

Limerick
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Doolin Photos

Sorry, the link does not work BUT if you copy and paste it into google search then it does take you to that page.I just tried it Good Luck !!

Virginia
Level Contributor
917 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Doolin Photos

Same with mine, lesley, you'll have to cut and paste to get it to work. Just be aware that flickr doesn't take the full file size for the website, at least it didn't for me. If you're hoping to print them reasonably large, you'll want the original file.

Virginia
Level Contributor
917 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Doolin Photos

I just thought of one suggestion while you're in that part of the world. Your Dad might enjoy a stop in Frawley's Pub in Lahinch. Mr Frawley is over 80 and has apparently worked in the pub his entire life. Lahinch is only a few miles from Doolin, and just past the Cliffs of Moher

touristr.com/destinations/…192-frawleys-pub

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Doolin Photos

ktsamis

Your dad must be a very special dad - and he is extremely fortunate to have an obviously very special son/daughter to organise such a considerate gift.

Can't help with the photos but just wanted to acknowledge you - and sincerely hoping you all have a wonderful time.

Cherish every moment.