We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

Colts Neck, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

Hi,

I'll be staying in Doolin the night of June 27 and need help w/ a B&B. I booked my trip w/ irishgetaways.com so I am tied to the Town & Country B&Bs. The tour operator recommended Glasha Meadows, but I'm nervous about it. Any thoughts? I think it's out of town. We'll be renting a car. Has anyone stayed at the Town & Country B&Bs in Doolin? They also have the Crabby Island, Ashbrook Lodge, or Dubhlinn House. Any thoughts which is the best B&B? Nicest accomodations? I'm nervous about staying in B&Bs instead of hotels...for the lack of privacy and may be "too close for comfort" but don't want to spend several hundred dollars a night on a hotel.

Thank you, thank you!

Stacey

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,121 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

I think you mean "Craggy Island" lol.

This is one of the reasons I recommend against vouchers - here you are coming to a village known for music in the pubs at night, and the tour operator is trying to book you into places not in walking distance of the town when there are dozens of places IN town that would love to have you! Fine if you don't drink alcohol, but otherwise...

When I did a search on the Town and Country site I found more than the 4 places you mention above - have you checked with places like Churchfield and Nellie Dees that are actually IN Doolin?

www.townandcountry.ie/index.cfm…

I think once you stay in a B&B any nervousness will disappear. The vast majority of them these days are "purpose built" and almost more like small hotels. You are in someone's home, but usually the family has their privacy on a different floor or wing of the house.

Fresno, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

We stayed at Dubhlinn House in April and I would highly recommend it. We also used the vouchers and we were pleased with every place we stayed with the exception being in Dublin. No choices close to the City. Once you arrive and get settled in your room it is no different than a hotel you can come and go as you please. We met great people (our hosts) and other guests and really enjoyed talking to them at breakfast (which was great). Don't be nervous you will enjoy it. I posted a review of Dubhlinn House with a picture and their website has a picture of the room we stayed in. Hope this helps.

Doolin, Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

There is no need to be nervous all the B+B in your list are approved by the Irish Tourist Board and you will get personal attention from your host which will be a local Irish person that will have a good knowledge of the area.

There is a good selection of bed and breakfasts that accept vouchers also farmhouses accept them as well.

I am sure Atlantic Sunset is on your list also Nellie Dees,

Doonagore Farmhouse, Riverdale Farmhouse and Emohruo Farmhouse accepts vouchers.

Colts Neck, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

What's the difference bw a B&B and a Farmhouse and a Townhouse?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

There's no hard and fast definitions. B&Bs are usually family homes in villages, towns, cities or the countryside with a number of guest rooms. The owner's accommodation is usually in a separate part of the house. Breakfast is usually served in a small dining room with separate tables, although some may have large communal table. Farmhouse accommodation is usually based on working farms, either in the main farmhouse or in a separate wing or annexe. Townhouses are usually larger period properties in towns or cities which may or may not have the owner in residence. They are usually larger than B&Bs (more like guesthouses or small hotels) and sometimes have additional facilities such as a small bar or meals service other than breakfast.

orlando
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

I have stayed in glasha meadows a true gem

lovely

7. Re: Glasha Meadows in Doolin? Other B&Bs in Doolin? Help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 06:31