We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting County Claire

Which Lahinch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leamington Spa
7 posts
Save Topic
Visiting County Claire

Hi All

We have decided to head to Western Ireland and have a shoprtlist of three towns. Doolin, Kilkee or Lahinch. Can anyone help with advise on which is the best for coastal walking , sightseeing and of course pub. Also can anyone advise on good self catering accomodation in any of theese.

Many Thanks

Boz

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,316 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting County Claire

Boz - perhaps add Ballyvaughan to the list...and delete Kilkee?

http://www.ballyvaughanireland.com/

Doolin; fun & touristy- not particularly pretty apart from Fisher Street - but it has that ferry service to the Arans and it is a good touring base....and good trad pubs.

Lahinch; great beach - but very busy in the summer, surfer mecca and golf course.

Ballyvaughan; it's quiter but the prettiest town on the list...with lovely views over Galway bay.

Leamington Spa
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting County Claire

Great

Thanks for the info, we'll add Ballyvaughan to the list.

Best Regards

Boz

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
10,184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting County Claire

as usual ferdia is right...i love both doolin and ballyvaugnh but then anywhere in county clare could be fun for me...clare is one of my favorite places in ireland....

4. Re: Visiting County Claire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Lahinch