We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Bandon

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
4 days in Bandon

My wife and I will be in Bandon for 4 days/nights using it as a base to explore Cork County. Any suggestions for daytrips from there? From what I've seen the town itself is pretty small, but I assume will at least have a pub or two, right?

Any info about the area would be appreciated.

cork
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: 4 days in Bandon

There are plenty of pubs and places to eat in Bandon. While it's not the most beautiful of spots to be based, it's well placed for exploring West Cork.

Nice places to visit would be:

Courtmacsherry

Timoleague

Glengarriff

Kinsale

Inchydoney

Clonakilty

Glandore

Schull

In fact, all along the south west coast is lovely.

Places to eat:

Dinner: The Poachers Inn; Marmatiece.

Lunch: URRU; Da Vida.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,624 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: 4 days in Bandon

oh do take time to visit bandon pottery...jane forrester has some beautiful work in her hand thrown pottery....you can visit her website at www.bandonpottery.ie .........

3. Re: 4 days in Bandon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Bandon
Recent Conversations
More Bandon Topics