We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
150 reviews
87 helpful votes
Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

The word cafe does not do the Park justice as many top celtic tiger hotels could aspire to the standard of the Park Cafe in the Dundalk Retail Park , next to Curry's. The experience of the service , hospitality and good food is to be enjoyed . If you are looking for food fast , but certainly not fast food take a trip down to the retail park where there is abundant free parking and enjoy what is one of the best carvery's i have ever experienced . The chefs serving are bussing with profesionalism and warmth to their customers . I experienced their sheer compasion serving some senior citizans ahead of me , patiently serving their exact needs . Take a bow lads ! . Not alone the chefs but every member of staff also are pleasent and welcoming. The menu choice is broad with at least six main dishes as well as a wide vairety of soups , salads , wraps etc. . I dont know what hours it is open but the interest at mid day is not surprising and it seems to appeal from eight to eighty. Well done to all concerned ,I has the most tasty turkey and ham with gravy , potatoes , veg , roast potato and stuffing while visiting Dundalk today.

6 replies to this topic
Newry, United...
1 post
1 review
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

I agree that the chefs and serving staff are very accomodating but when I was in there today I noticed that they have listed a Slimming World caeser salad on their counter so I ordered it. Only to find it had been liberally dosed in the dressing (though I was assured it was low fat - still not synfree), the croutons had been oven baked (croutons are still bread however they are prepared so will have syns!) the bacon was edged with fat which means it will have to be counted as syns as well, I was asked initially did I want parmesan cheese, I refused but if I had said yes, how much would I have recieved which would also need to be counted as syns???

Not happy with it as all I could eat of the very tasty looking but synful salad was the lettuce and chicken. I still have to say goodbye to my daily syns as I was unable to wipe the dressing off!!

My hubby had the fry which he was happy with and enjoyed. We have eaten in there before and it is great to see they are doing healthy heart options but a shame they are being misleading when it comes to the Slimming World option. They should not call it a Slimming World salad as it does not fit in with Slimming World guidelines of free foods. I spoke to the manageress and she was very cross that I dared to question it as she said she had people in to check that it was all correct. I am a customer - I have the right to question!! And I also know Slimming World never allow their name to be used in any eatery because of this sort of thing happening.

Dundalk, Ireland
3 posts
2. Re: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

Just in relation to the above comment it is very misleading. We took her suggestion under consideration and no longer call it slimming world. We aim to produce the best quality food and a high standard for customer service. Which going by the first comment we achieve. Any customer suggestion will always be taking under consideration. We are constantly looking forward and thank you for your comments and hopefully there will be many more goood or bad so we can improve our service.

Thanks for the posts

Park cafe

Belfast, United...
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

I use to agree with Pabo's review until yesterday. As a quite frequent visitor to the Park Cafe when i'm visiting Dundalk i was shocked at the service today it was absolutely atrocious. My husband and I were waiting at least 30 mins in the queue which seemed to be not moving at all at times and when we got to the carvery the chef was very rude and sweating profusely which was dripping over the meats.(digusting)I decided the salmon was the safest bet as it was in the carvery unit itself. There seems to be a change in staff and no nice customer service that i was used to getting. Unregrettably I do not think i will ever return to the Park cafe after that nightmare today.

Dundalk, Ireland
3 posts
4. Re: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

Hi Jacintha

I sincerely apologies if the attitude and service of my staff was not up to standards the day you were here. We are a small family run business and the key elements we try to achieve on a daily basis is making the customers feel welcome in a nice relaxing environment. I will investigate this immediately i am only sorry that you wont be dining with us again. In relation to the staff 90% of them are still here since we opened in 2008. But one of key points you made is you shouldn't be waiting 30 mins in the Que and i am very sorry for that. We are trying are best to keep the highest standards we might not get it perfect the whole time but we do try.

Thank you for the feedback

My main aim will be to ensure customers get served as quickly and as efficiently as possible and our customer service is back to when you agreed with pabo review.

Thank you for your comments

Park cafe managment

Dundalk, Ireland
3 posts
5. Re: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

Also Jacintha

If you would like to come in and ask for conor or fiona we would like to look after you.

Thanks

Park cafe management

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
6. Re: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE

I would just like to say i have visited the park cafe on numerous occasions and it is exceptional i couldn't describe it better than pabos review. I work as a chef in Dublin and i have been in the catering game for years, I have never been in a place that caters so well for all ages. Its the perfect family place. The staff are exceptionally friendly and when i was in with my family a few weeks ago the kids got complimentary ice cream while my wife and i got offered coffee. The main compliment i can give is that the standard of food is one which you would get in a restaurant at night there value is excellent for the food they produce. Great work by all staff and management keep it up.

Michael

Reply to: Good food and good value at the PARK CAFE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dundalk