We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths

I’m staying next month in the Ardbrack apartments/condos. I was planning to just take the bus from Cork down to Kinsale , and then walk up to Ardbrack. There seems to be a shortcut path up the hillside - not on the Scilly Path but from Lower Road to High Road. Does anyone know how the path is, as I’ll be pulling a wheeled suitcase which I can carry but would rather pull mostly - thanks!

4 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
49,213 posts
1. Re: Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths

Not aware of any shortcut. However the local footpath stops at The Spaniard Inn, might be worth a pit stop and a word with the barman.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths

That’s a fine idea - thanks

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
68 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths

There are steps on that path.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths

I can carry it up steps. But is it a dry path or a mucky one? It goes up through the woods and I can see the surface from any photographs

Reply to: Walking up from Kinsale to Ardbrack - paths
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.