We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Clonakilty with Kids at Easter - any...

Which Clonakilty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Clonakilty with Kids at Easter - any...

Have scoured these boards and noted all the great recommendations for places to eat etc. Just wondering would any one have good recommendations for child friendly cafe/bar places for lunch in the area. Also any child friendly activities. Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Clonakilty with Kids at Easter - any...

Hi, child friendly places to eat haven't really been listed much for Clonakilty as most of the places listed wouldn't really be child friendly. Try Prego 2 on the main street for good sandwiches, salads and soups and really good cakes! It's quite small and it'll be busy in these parts for Easter so an early or late lunch might be a good idea.

Most of the cafes on the main street will be child friendly, can't give you high chair info I'm afraid. The Emmet Hotel bar does good food and is reasonably child friendly, you will be expected to keep a good eye on them though. The Quality Hotel (signposted in town) does pretty cheap, standard chain hotel food and will be child friendly. Beside the Quality Hotel is the cinema, if the weather's lousy! Even though the food and service isn't top notch the bar at Inchydoney Hotel is reasonably child friendly and it's easy to keep an eye on them and follow lunch with a walk on the beach.

Not being a parent, children's activities are a hard one. There's the model railway village which small children get a kick out of and the 'choo choo' our own on street train that runs journeys of different length, one is out to Inchydoney which might be good for your lunch trip. It's great fun, the driver always beeps back to drivers who beep at him and it's a nice slow way to travel about.

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Clonakilty with Kids at Easter - any...

Thanks for that, we're staying in Clogheen Holiday Village - we have a 5 and 3 year old and our friends are coming over from the UK with their 5 and 2 year old. I'm delighted with all the food recommendations on the other threads as we plan babysitting for each other in the evening - I have been told that the Malt House Granary and Richys are good places to eat. We'll probably go into Cork one day, Fota another , Kinsale and then hang in or around Clonakilty for the other days. I'm really looking forward to it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Clonakilty with Kids at Easter - any...

Clogheen houses are a wee spin from town, maybe ten minutes. I'd avoid Richey's I'm afraid, a friend ate there recently and they had to send a dish back three times, it was only falafel - hard to get wrong! Malt House Granary's good, but unreliable unfortunately. My favourite restaurant in town is Gleesons, especially for the early bird menu, great value. Booking would be advisable for that weekend, wherever you go.Fota's a great idea with the children - if the weather's nice you could bring a picnic. If you've any pub or music questions, just ask and I'll get back to you in the next few days, otherwise....hope you have a lovely weekend!