We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

We often get requests from tourists asking where they can see sheepdogs at work. If you are in Dingle next weekend you can see a demonstration of the amazing skills of these dogs (and their owners) at the West Kerry Agricultural Show. The demonstration takes place in a flield near Jhhn Street

Deatils on this link:

http://www.westkerrylive.ie/west-kerry-live-news/item/183-all-creatures-canine-at-the-west-kerry-agricultural-show-by-joanne-ní-shuilleabhain.html

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

The sheepdogs are innocent!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

I know Spiceloft, they are like lambs to the slaughter - woof woof

Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

Soonas, I would so love to see this. Herding dogs fascinate me. :::sigh:::: but we're in Florida till next year--- not wise to travel during hurricane season

Edited: 18 July 2011, 20:50
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

Oooh, my daughter would Love to see that! But we won't be back in Dingle until 3rd August, so will try to make it to the races instead. (Not the same, I know!)

FloridaEllenB

Soooo . . . returning to Ireland next year??

Dingle, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

SarniaGirl

Here are some picture I took at the West Kerry Agricultural Show but alas I did not see the Sheepdog Trials :(

…smugmug.com/Dingle-Peninsula/West-Kerry-Hor…

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

dingle999

Oh - your pictures are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Both my cousin (who taught horse-riding for many years) and my daughter would have loved to have seen the horses and ponies - as would I.

Oh well, another year!

There are so many wonderful festivals, fairs etc in Ireland during the summer that we're spoilt for choice!

7. Re: Sheepdog Trials - Dingle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 09:17