We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

Hawaii
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

We'll be in Dingle in May 2009, and I've gotten a good rate from the Dingle Marina Cottages (www.irelandathome.com/detail.php?code=DING01) and the Milltown Cottages (http://www.milltowncottages.com/). But there is no info on exact location on either web site, and I have no idea which is a better choice, based on things like location, surroundings, view, and interiors. I would appreciate any help that someone who knows Dingle can provide. Thanks in advance.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

HI there i would go for Dingle, hands down everytime, not much going on in Milltown its only a little town on route to Dingle if u are coming from the south kerry direction, so Dingle is your ultimate destination..it has every thing to offer from scenery,(slea head and many more scenic routes)beaches, restaurants ,bars with great atmosphere and trad music i could go on and on...enjoy

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

its me again actually on looking up those sites, i now realise its Milltown dingle they are referring to, therefore making my last post inaccurate! sorry, i presumed it was the town of milltown you were referring to..as you say not much info on location, it does say milltown cottages in dingle town and the only clue i can see regarding the marina cottages is you have use of facilities in skellig hotel, which makes me think they may be near the skellig hotel which is just slightly outside the town on the tralee side..someone from dingle will ,prob post more info..

kerry
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

Ooh Waterville, I was just about to slap you over the wrists for that little Milltown error but you redeemed yourself in the nick of time!! Milltown is right beside the main roundabout (in Dingle!) as you leave town heading for the western part of the peninsula...The Milltown Cottages are hidden away down a small laneway off the main road, a nice rural location and only a 10 to 15 minute walk into town along roads with street lighting and pavements.

The Marina Cottages are overlooking Dingle Harbour, closer to the centre. This small development is built along the lines of a suburban housing estate...you'ld be 5 minutes walk away from the centre of town.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

red faces all round for me there nestav if as you say i didnt get in there quickly and redeem myself, i know exactly where you are talking about now...

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

I would suggest Milltown Cottages. They are located near the roundabout at Milltown Bridge which is a mere 10 minute walk into the town centre along the footpath with street lighting.

It's a lovely quiet location with individual cottages and not an estate like cluster of many houses. The Marina Cottages have a good location and are also lovely but it is like an estate type housing scheme where most houses are attached.

It's up to the individual as to whether they prefer this type of set up or a private quiet & peaceful location which has a close proximity to the town centre and all it's amenities.

If you email Milltown Cottages directly they can send you a map of the exact location etc and they will also give you a good rate for any week in May 2009.

email; milltowncottages@eircom.net

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,413 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

Whew, so glad I didn't attempt to answer that one, I would have told aloha not to stay at Milltown because it's miles away from Dingle. (never knew there was another milltown, but I do now, see you do learn something new every day)

kerry
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

Lol Bryno! For a county with two languages (Polish not included), Kerry doesn't have enough names to go round. Two Milltowns, two High Streets in Dingle, and EVERYBODY round here is either called Sean O'Sullivan* or Eileen Begley*.

(*elements of this post might be based on pure exaggeration.)

Hawaii
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

Thank you all for the info. I've gotten identical rates from both, or that would be the deciding factor -- much easier that way. It seems like the Marina Cottages are closer to town, but the Milltown Cottages are more private. I suppose I'd pick the ones that are "nicer" if I only knew the answer to that, and I'll bet that either one will be a good choice. After all, we'll be in Dingle either way!

9. Re: Dingle Marina Cottages or Milltown Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 07:16