We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conor Pass

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Conor Pass

Hi Everyone

I have searched the forum and can't find any solid answer. Do you recommend driving the Conor Pass on the way in to Dingle or on the Way out of Dingle?

We are planning our trip in September and will be hiring a small car.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I thought I would ask just in case.

16 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
16,322 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Conor Pass

No difference to the driving, just depends where you are coming from and where you are going.

If you are coming from the North via Tralee I would come in along the north coast and the beaches, over the Pass into town, round Slea Head (clockwise, this does matter) and out along the South coast, Inch beach.

If coming from Killarney I would reverse it, come in along the South Coast and out along the North.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Conor Pass

Great, Thanks so much for the suggestion. We are coming from Killarney and that is the way we have planned to do it. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a recommended way.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
161 reviews
3. Re: Conor Pass

stunning views in either direction

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Conor Pass

Probably slightly preferable heading out of Dingle. The road on the Dingle side of the summit is wide but narrow on the other side.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
161 reviews
5. Re: Conor Pass

If you are crossing the pass, you have to drive the narrow bit, whichever direction you are coming from

Edited: 17 July 2018, 19:17
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
201 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Conor Pass

In my opinion the most specactular view is if you are driving along the Conor Pass from Dingle towards Tralee. The approach to Dingle along the main road through Annascaul is very scenic as you see the whole of Dingle town and the surrounding area above you.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Conor Pass

I would for sure drive the Conor Pass in to Dingle, the views are amazing as the town comes into your line of sight

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
16,322 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Conor Pass

The views from the top are spectacular in both directions, there is a car park and viewing point. Pull in and get out of the car, have a look around.its worth it, except when it is thick fog, like this morning!

Edited: 22 July 2018, 07:56
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
188 reviews
9. Re: Conor Pass

Ditto fuschia re the car park. We got out and snapped some lovely photos. I think my favourite views are those out over the Maharees peninsula.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Conor Pass

We drove it north out of Dingle, stopped at the top, again by the waterfall, drove through to the end, and then turned around and drove it back towards Dingle. It was so fun! Beautiful views because it was a clear sunny day. Wouldn’t want to try it in fog...

Reply to: Conor Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dingle