We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to plan

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
1 post
Help to plan

Im planning my honeymoon in paradise island resort and spa october 4-8 2016.3 nights in beach bangalow and 1 night in water villa. i would like to know about weather, other travel tips, and budget for sports activities and diving.. tips on room selection. thanks

4 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Help to plan

Hi welcome to the forum :-)

Unfortunately none of us can predict the weather and October usually has mixed weather making it less predictable. Check out the weather FAQs for information on weather trends.

The resort website should give excursions information..

Darryl

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,363 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Help to plan

are you certified to dive or planning on taking a course in your ultra short stay ? keep in mind there is NO housereef for enjoyable snorkeling or diving from the beach so you must go out by boat each time which severely limits your ability to get in many dives or much snorkel time .

if you haven't already booked ... there are much nicer options in budget range than paradise island. it seems indian travel agent only know paradise as they push everyone towards that hotel.

1 post
1 review
3. Re: Help to plan

We are staying at Paradise Island Beach Resort in the second week of August. What are the available excursions there? Also, how does the dives work - Are the dives only around the island or can we be taken to nearby spots? What is the usual cost of the water sports at Paradise Island?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,363 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Help to plan

as I said in the post just above yours - there is no house reef for snorkeling or diving so all dives will be boat dives to nearby dive sites . which ones are recommended for you depends on your level of certification and experience

Reply to: Help to plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lankanfinolhu Island