We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Noida, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May

How is weather there in month of May? I've read that its quite rainy and humid, is it advisable to visit there in May as first time visitor on Honeymoon?

9 replies to this topic
Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Nobody can predict it, May is usually unsettled as the changeover in monsoon usually happens, if you do travel in May expect rain, showers and possibly some sun. I've been once in May and experienced 10 days of rain, very heavy constant rain out of 14! I'm travelling in May this year so it hasn't put me off. It can ruin some peoples holidays or if your like us we just make the most of the cheaper prices and accept that we are going to read a lot!!! It's just pot luck I'm afraid.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

That was very unlucky LoveToFly75 we've been twice in May and not seen any rain. Going again 2nd May. Had five days solid rain in April though. Like you say just pot luck.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

We travel later in May, the rain tends to follow us on holiday nowadays for some reason!!! You should be fine 😊

Noida, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

For how much time rain stay usually out of 12 hours day?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May

Anything from zero to 12 hours...

6. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 13:43

england
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in May

You have posted this recommendation on two separate threads. The OP did NOT ask for a recommendation so why did you put this forward?

To the OP - Sheraton is right under the flight path for the airport. Its very noisy as a result.

South Huvadhoo...
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in May

Why would anyone recommend mid-year as the best time to visit the Maldives when that's the monsoon season? I get that the prices are lower then, but that's for a reason. The best time of year to visit the Maldives is January through to April.

Kat (Ayada Maldives)

Mentioned in this post
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in May

I am in Maldives now at Constance Halaveli we have had 5 perfect days but have woke up this morning to heavy rain, the Lightning is something to watch from our water villa. We are not worried about the weather we expected some rain it is not going to spoil the rest of our stay. The Maldives is so beautiful you won't even notice!!! Ps we are 1st timers

Mentioned in this post
Constance Halaveli
Constance Halaveli
1,517 Reviews
Halaveli Island
Reply to: Weather in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lankanfinolhu Island
;