We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left luggage at Coleraine

Sydney
Level Contributor
920 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Left luggage at Coleraine

Hello,

I am hatching a plan for travel from Belfast to Coleraine, where I would hope to leave my luggage while taking the Rambler bus along to the Causeway and Rope Bridge. I'd then return to Coleraine and take the train onwards to Derry for an overnight stay.

Does anyone know if there are left luggage facilities at Coleraine railway station?

Otherwise I saw in a recent post on another forum that it may be possible to join a tour from Belfast to the Causeway or the Rope bridge, and then leave the tour and make my own way back to Coleraine. Hopefully my bag could be stored on the bus till I leave the tour. I'll make some enquiries with tour operators, but my preferred option is to do my own thing, independent of the timing of the tour.

I'd really appreciate some advice.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Coleraine
Coleraine
County Londonderry, UK
Derry
Derry
County Londonderry, UK
6 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left luggage at Coleraine

There's no left luggage at the station. Check if the tourist office could accommodate you:

discovernorthernireland.com/Coleraine-Visito…

2. Re: Left luggage at Coleraine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2016, 14:39

Sydney
Level Contributor
920 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left luggage at Coleraine

Okay, thanks. I have emailed McCombs coach tours to see if they can hold my luggage on the coach until the Causeway, where I could transfer to the bus back to Coleraine, instead of returning to Belfast. Hopefully that may be possible.

Mentioned in this post
Coleraine
Coleraine
County Londonderry, UK
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left luggage at Coleraine

It's fairly common for folk to take a coach tour with luggage and then break off. Dunluce Castle is the last stop so you might as well wait until then there and catch a bus to Coleraine.

Mentioned in this post
Dunluce Castle
Dunluce Castle
2,198 Reviews
Portrush, UK
Coleraine
Coleraine
County Londonderry, UK
Sydney
Level Contributor
920 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left luggage at Coleraine

Thanks Drumlough. McCombs have said "no problem" as long as I let the driver know in advance, so it seems like my best option.

6. Re: Left luggage at Coleraine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2016, 11:32

Reply to: Left luggage at Coleraine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Coleraine
More Coleraine Topics