We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay when visiting the university

Iowa, United States
1 post
Save Topic
places to stay when visiting the university

Hello- I am looking for some advice on places to stay that would be close to the university and also child friendly, we are traveling with an infant. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay when visiting the university

In Coleraine itself most useful and close to the University would be the Lodge Hotel and Travelstop, short taxi would take you to the university. - its also close to a Supermarket.

Acommodation in the centre of Coleraine would also suit as the university is one stop away along the portrush line and this takes less than 5 mins.

If your going to be visiting in the summer period student accommodation is available for rent from the university.

I know a few people currently at UUC and I'm at UUJ so if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Coleraine
Coleraine
County Londonderry, UK
Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay when visiting the university

Hi,

there are lots of B&B's in portrush which is 4 miles from university and also on the train line. portstewart is also a few miles down the raod and has bus links if you dont have a car available, check out the Northern Ireland tourist board web page for accomadation in the area.

Shaz

Mentioned in this post
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
United Kingdom
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay when visiting the university

All the advice given is spot on - it really depends on what you want. If you want hotel type feel, the Lodge Hotel/travelstop is very close to the university.

If you want the coast, there are lots of B&Bs in Portrush or Portstewart as well as hotels/inns. There are also modern B&Bs very close to the university (within walking distance) which are handy but if you are visiting during termtime, there might be noise at night so I wouldn't recommend them with the baby.

Mentioned in this post
Portrush
Portrush
County Antrim, UK
Portstewart
Portstewart
County Londonderry, UK
Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay when visiting the university

yeh check out the NI tourist board and check out my really bad spelling on the previous post OOPs,

Shaz

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to stay when visiting the university

Check out Breezemount House B and B on the Castlerock Road. Walking distance to bus stop servicing the University but just a cheap taxi ride away. I work in a school and we have recommended this accommodation to visiting foreign teachers. Good service guaranteed. Many rooms have self catering facilities even if you are bed and breakfast.

6. Re: places to stay when visiting the university

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Coleraine
More Coleraine Topics