We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vicinity of Coleraine

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Vicinity of Coleraine

I shall be working in Coleraine for a week but have one full day off and would like to explore the local area. I have a car and am interested in the natural world, cliffs, sea, wilderness etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to suitable destinations, activities?

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Vicinity of Coleraine

Coleraine is about 10 miles from the Giant's Causeway - also Carrick-a-Rede, Dunluce Caslte. You could make a relaxing day from just those 3.

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Vicinity of Coleraine

As well as the above, head up to Downhill on the Seacoast Road. Turn up the Bishops Road and you will find a viewpoint near the top, that and the Mussenden Temple are worth the short drive.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
3. Re: Vicinity of Coleraine

East Strand in Portrush and white rocks beaches think Cornish style coast ( i am baffled why we have not seen any influx of people from the rest of the UK as its beautiful you will love it )

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: Vicinity of Coleraine

Lots to explore along the north coast as mentioned. I'd add in a detour to Kenbane castle. I love the views from the castle ruins to the coastal cliffs/old smugglers caves etc.

Reply to: Vicinity of Coleraine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Coleraine
More Coleraine Topics