We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Travel

I shall be in Coleraine for 6 days and was wondering what is the best way to get from Belfast International Airport to Coleraine. Should I get a train or would car hire be a better bet?

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
114 reviews
1. Re: Travel

Unless you need a car for the 6 days just take the bus (Translink) direct to Coleraine.

…translink.co.uk/ext_widget/XSLT_TRIP_REQUES…

Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Travel

Unless you want the car for the rest of your stay, the train is your best option.

From the airport - take the bus to Antrim (Service 109, I think). That will take you to Antrim Train Station where you can get a train direct to Coleraine. An hour or so should do it, if the timings work out well.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Travel

The 109A to Antrim is the best route, but the timetable may not suit your flight times. The alternative is to take the 300 to Belfast Europa and take the train from the adjoining Gt Victoria St station.

translink.co.uk/Routes-and-Timetables/…

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
4. Re: Travel

easy just take the train (hourly) from Coleraine Train station to Antrim bus/rail station

from there Jump on the local 109A bus from to Belfast International airport

costs a few pounds (£2.60 one way ) take less than ten mins to the airport

below i have posted the train and bus time tables being local to the north coast i know for a fact

that the train departs coleraine for belfast at 19 minutes past each hour until around 10 when the last train departs below i have attached the time timetable

translink.co.uk/Documents/…DB20171121.pdf (train get off in antrim go across tthe bridge exit train station and the 109 A departs from the bus station that is attached to the train station)

109 A service timetable to Belfast International airport from antrim train/bus station:

translink.co.uk/Services/…

:

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
5. Re: Travel

sorry ignore my above post !!!!!!! its mean to be from Belfast international to antrim take the 109A

bus from outside the arrivals door (look left and you will see the bus stop)

jump on the 109 A Ulsterbus service to ANTRIM bus/train station this costs less than £3

then get off at Antrim bus/rail station and take the train fr Antrim to Coleraine by tickets at the ticket office or from conductor below i have attached the timetable for both train and bus

translink.co.uk/Documents/…BD20171121.pdf (train)

Bus …translink.co.uk/ext_widget/TTB/20170515-090…

(109A service)

the train and bus station are combined so its yards from getting off the bus to getting onto the train just take a train that goes to Portrush or Derry/Londonderry both stop in Coleraine happy travels and before i forget (www.translink.co.uk run all buses and trains in Northern Ireland :)

Reply to: Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Coleraine
More Coleraine Topics