We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
75 reviews
Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

We're going to Maldives in December for our honeymoon. Vilamnedhoo is on top of our priorities at the moment and we are close to bringing final decision. Just wanted to check if someone can tell me if we can get better deal (in terms of what the resort has to offer besides sand and beach) in some of these resorts:

Coco palm dhuni

Veligandu

Cinnamon dhonveli

Sun aqua vilureef

We are a young couple. We want peacefull honeymoon (not too many screaming kids around), but also looking for good snorkelling, fitness, spa and similar activities. Also trying to get good deal with all-inclusive (apparently Vilamendhoo has wide range of stuff included in all-inclusive).

Please help us and tell us if Vilamendhoo is the one or should we consider some of the others as well.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
321 reviews
1. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

I have been to Vila and Veligandu. The house reef is far better on Vila. To stay in the adults-only area of Vila though you have to book a JBV or JWV. Veli recently announced that it will be an adults-only island.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Vilamendhoo is popular with families hence the family pool/play park/ games room is busy with kids so if budget allows go for the adults end. Has the best beach too.

We have just returned from Vilamendhoo so happy to answer any questions :-)

Cheers Colin

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Thanks for the info. Do you know maybe when are they turning into adults-only island?

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Colin thanks for the answer. So you think that if we go into adults-only part we could have the real honeymoon experience? Also, any clues about other mentioned resorts?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
5. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Not been to the other islands, only bandos, meeru, embudu and Vila.

Certainly Vila is on the whole peaceful, immaculate and friendly with lots to do.

I would return in an instant but unsure how it compares to your other choices.

Cheers Colin

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
75 reviews
6. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Thanks for the reply Colin. Appriciate it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

>> So you think that if we go into adults-only part we could have the real honeymoon experience<<

What does that actually mean please?

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
12 posts
75 reviews
8. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

It means that we would have the feeling that we are detached from the world and having more feeling of being alone at some peaceful island with few people, and less feeling of crouded hotel with bunch of big families...

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
321 reviews
9. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

Have you looked at Komandoo? It is adults only.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Comparing Villamendhoo to 3 other options we have. Help!

I've stayed on Vila with my family in beach villas and at the adults only end as a couple. Neither felt like a crowded hotel, or as if there were lots of families, and certainly as a couple we had a very secluded, quiet, romantic holiday.

However, if you want to avoid families completely you probably do really need an adults only resort because although under 18s aren't allowed in the adults only pool, bar or restaurant, they do sometimes use the beach at that end (it's very annoying!).

I have returned and will return but, like Colin, can't compare to your other choices.

Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo
Recent Conversations
More Vilamendhoo Topics