We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

I have booked Vilamendhoo for an upcoming trip mainly for the underwater life. I can't seem to be convinced that the room or food at Vila is comparable to Taj Exotica. I chose South Ari Atoll on purpose this time. I stayed at Taj on my very first trip to Maldives and was most definitely addicted. Maldivitis, they say.

Can anyone comment on the water villa at Vila? Any comments on Drift Thelu, can't seem to find much on it.

Thanks!

Edited: 28 May 2016, 09:10
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,611 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

Hi

The villa's are nice at Vilamendhoo with a nice deck at the rear including steps into the ocean.

Inside the are spacious with all mod cons. The bathroom is modern with large shower. At the rear of the bathroom is a small inclosed area with a nice jacuzzi.

Check out my review for more details....

Darryl

Edited: 28 May 2016, 19:03
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

Hi Darryl! Thanks! I read your review and it was really detailed, very helpful!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,611 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

Hi

Thanks😎

Obviously I can't compare the 2 resorts because I haven't been to Taj but if you have any questions about Vilamendhoo I'm sure some of our members who have visited the island can help you...

Fleet
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

I stayed in the water villa on Drift in April. What is it you would like to know.

The layout can be found on their website: http://www.driftretreat.com/

The rooms are spacious, comfortable, elegant. The shower has a choice of rain or hand held sprays. The toiletries smell gorgeous. The aircon works really well. And there is no TV, but a Nespresso machine, kettle and minibar.

The terrace could do with more shade but is very nice. Please let me know if there is anything else you specifically need to know.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

How was the house reef?

Fleet
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

The corals on the house reef have been damaged by a recent bleaching - like many in the Maldive and around the world. There are areas which have not been damaged and there are obvious signs of regeneration plus the resident marine biologist is working hard to aid this recovery. On the fish front, very definitely fish soup. Two resident turtles, lots of eagle rays, black tip and white tip reef sharks plus nurse shark seen. Drop off can be hard to reach at low tide but there are two points which make access easier. Reef within the lagoon is a delight.

There are complimentary snorkeling trips every day to other locations so it is possible to see many live corals.

Can't wait to go back.

Also, food is good and AI includes all cocktails, if that's what you like and a good selection of wines by the glass, both red and white.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

Sounds good!!! Thank you!

8. Re: Water Villa at Vila vs Taj Exotica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo
Recent Conversations
More Vilamendhoo Topics