We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island reviews

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Island reviews

I have just come off travel watch and the reviews are frightening nothing like the reviews on this forum my head is spinning now I'm so undecided as to what to do can any one please give me an honest opion of the island I need help no bull please

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Island reviews

I went to Vilamendoo in 2011 and thought it was great. Well we loved the snorkeling and would say it was 2nd best for snorkeling out of all the islands we've been to (Athuruga, Vilamendhoo, Biyadhoo, Reethi Beach, Kuramathi), plus we have snorkelled Thudufushi and Kandolhu.

There are nicer prettier islands, or islands of a higher standard, but overall we said we would be happy to return.

See my photos of the reef here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113116957@N03/albums/72157649783423170

All Maldives albums here for comparison.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113116957@N03/albums

There was sea erosion quite bad on one side....but most islands suffer some sort of erosion.

Food was nice from what I remember.

In terms of your cockroach fear:

Kuramathi 2010 Cockroaches 0

Vilamendoo 2011 Cockroaches 1 (bar toilet)

Biyadhoo 2012 Cockroaches 0

Athuruga 2013 Cockroaches 4 (3 in watervilla bathrooms, 1 on wall of restaurant next to table :( )

Kuramathi 2014 Cockroaches 0

Reethi B. 2015 Cockroaches 0

Edited: 20 June 2016, 11:43
Mentioned in this post
Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa
Vilamendhoo Island...
3,916 Reviews
Vilamendhoo
Kuramathi Island Resort
Kuramathi Island Resort
4,327 Reviews
Kuramathi
Kandolhu Maldives
Kandolhu Maldives
698 Reviews
North Ari Atoll
Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Island reviews

Hi Colin M,could you let me know the email address so that i can see if I can request my preference for a room if it's possible, and thanks 123member123 it looks like the north to me as I have read there is a breeze there and it's quieter, ColinM I am so looking forward to this holiday but as you say it's getting scary but in a good way

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Island reviews

MaldivesDreamer thanks for the update on the creepy crawlies it made me laugh, I read that review in April but I'm over it now I feel a bit silly about it now

derbyshire
Level Contributor
226 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Island reviews

Lulu52 we have just come back from villa and we stayed on the north side, we thought it was definitely the best side but where we were (viila159) there was no breeze at all. As we walked along the beach toward the water villas the breeze picked up and the tip of the island some days was very windy. Also on the north side the sea was much calmer.

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Island reviews

Thanks holsfran all information is welcome well it won't be long now, I can't wait.

46. Re: Island reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo
Recent Conversations
More Vilamendhoo Topics