We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island reviews

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Island reviews

I have just come off travel watch and the reviews are frightening nothing like the reviews on this forum my head is spinning now I'm so undecided as to what to do can any one please give me an honest opion of the island I need help no bull please

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island reviews

could you link us please?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island reviews

www.holidaytravelwatch.com/holiday-reviews

I think this is it, looks like a complaint website.

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island reviews

Yes this is the it it's quite scary have you been to Vila if so what do you think

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island reviews

Have you been to Vila

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island reviews

Spammie Colorado I see you are a destination expert on the Maldives can you help with Vila

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island reviews

Froggy thanks for the reply

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island reviews

No, I haven't been but of the regulars who have it seems to get good reviews and be popular.

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island reviews

Thanks foggy but still not sure I only go for the snorkeling, that seems to be fantastic it's the bugs I can't handle well just cockroaches they terrify me I just wish I hadn't been on that holiday forum travel watch we have been to the Maldives 2 times and I can't remember seeing any then

Mountain Ash...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island reviews

I am just looking for an honest answer what is Vilamendoo really like

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Island reviews

Froggy .. for the life of me , I am not seeing any reviews on that site ... but yes, that is definitely a site that encourages complaints only . that is not a fair and balanced review site.

lulu ... you have been to the Maldives before so you know the bug situation firsthand . of course, there will be bugs and the occasional roach as any place you go in the tropics. roaches can survive a nuclear war - so to expect they don't exist on a tropical island would be naïve. on the other hand, you already know that they are seldom encountered.

I have not been back to vila in several years but I would not hesitate to revisit. many forum regulars have been more recently and nobody has anything bad to say (that has come to my attention, at least). the "real reviews" look great as well on any review website I just checked.

I would not give much credence to sensationalistic sites that only concentrate on one-sided reviews

Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo
More Vilamendhoo Topics