We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

campsites for next summer

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
485 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
campsites for next summer

Am interested in renting a mobile home for a month inJune 2013, to do some walking cycling and water color painting.

Which of the campsites is on a beach ? Am looking for a 4 star one if possible. Will be on my own a lot of the time so hoping it wont be over run with kids and families given that schools will still be in at the time I am going....

any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,482 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: campsites for next summer

You are most likely to find children in this area in June, given that Irish secondary schools are on holiday from the end of May and that this is an area that many Irish travel to.

Les Castels is a 4* Camping group with campsites situated in the grounds of chateaux. I'm hoping this link will bring you to the English version of Poitou Charentes www.camping-castels.co.uk/…

Also look at www.keycamp.ie The Sequoia Parc in Marennes and the Atlantique Parc in La Palmyre are both close to beaches.

I don't know if you'd be prepared to go down a lot further but the campsite Le Vieux Port in Messanges (about 45 minutes North of Biarritz) backs onto a beach. The light is fabulous and it is a very large campsite so you may well find some quiet. It is in a pine forest with rabbits and red squirrels outnumbering humans.

You could take day trips into the Pyrenees and Northern Spain where you can see some spectacular scenery.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
485 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: campsites for next summer

Thanks for that...I dont mind kids really but national schools dont get out til end of June so thats why i reckon it will be grand.

Am thinking of going to ile de rey.....I believe its beautiful...but some of the campsites are not directly on the beach!

more research needed I think.

Thanks

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
179 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: campsites for next summer

Hi this isn't on a beach and may not be suitable but I am also looking for a campsite for next year and found this gem.

http://www.twinlakesfrance.com/index.htm

I have not stayed there but the reviews on Trip Advisor and UK Campsite are both excellent.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: campsites for next summer

We are staying in siblu la Pignade which isn't on a beach, but we visited bone Anne place (also siblu) out of interest to see if it was on a beach. It sort of is ...have a look on google maps satellite view first ... Much of th beach action here seems to be estuary.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: campsites for next summer

*bonne anse

Yesterday we voted les grand pins, a yelloh village at lacanau - awesome place!

6. Re: campsites for next summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 09:17