We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vevey based - long weekend in May

Minneapolis...
4 posts
Save Topic
Vevey based - long weekend in May

Hi All,

I will be in Vevey for a long weekend mid-May... booked a hotel here after reading all the great things in these forums. I'm looking for some ideas on where to explore. I have a short couple of days, but I know I can make the most of them with the great transportation system available! Hopefully the weather holds up. Here are the things I'm interested in:

1. Scenery - Lake/Mountains/Flowers - really anything nature

2. Scenery (did I mention this already?)

3. Moderate level hiking

4. Wine/Cheese/Chocolate

Also, I would love to pick up some unique gifts that are representative of this beautiful country - any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,516 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vevey based - long weekend in May

You will have scenery wherever and whatever (almost) you do.

Moderate level hiking combined with wine - walk in the Lavaux. Take the train to Chexbres and walk down to Rivaz. Visit the Vinorama in Rivaz and taste the wines. Then have lunch at the Café du Raisin in nearby St Saphorin. (Need to book a table - restaurant is small).

Cheese and Chocolate - train to Montbovon from Montreux and then change for Gruyères. Visit the Cheese Factory which is across from the station. then walk up to the village, visit the Château. Have a fondue perhaps. then train on to Broc Fabrique and visit the Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory. Finally train to Bulle and connect to Lausanne. Return to Vevey along the lake on the fast train. Sit on the RH side facing the engine for best views.

Take a lake cruise around the Haut Lac. Maybe visit Chillon on the way.

Gifts: wine and chocolates. You can get both in Vevey. Watches - if you want to spend that sort of money.

Reply to: Vevey based - long weekend in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vevey
Recent Conversations