We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva to Val Thorens

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Geneva to Val Thorens

Hi All

Can someone help me with the following?

We fly into Geneva at around lunchtime on a Monday in mid January 2018 and wish to make it to Val Thorens that evening. What is the best way to get there? Is there a bus that will take us there or is there a train to somewhere nearby and then we take a bus from the train station?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Val Thorens
Val Thorens
Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, France
5 replies to this topic
Chamonix, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva to Val Thorens

There are buses read more here https://www.valthonet.com/getting-here You'll also find details on proivate transfers which could be another option..

home
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Geneva to Val Thorens

Do you already have a place to stay in VT?

How many people are you? midweek a private shuttle might be cheaper than public.

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
413 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geneva to Val Thorens

Try altibus.com for a bus. If it's more than a couple of you then try findtransfers.com for a price comparison. Bus schedules won't get released till later in the year though I believe

Grimsby, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Geneva to Val Thorens

Did you get sorted Nick L?

Were going in 3 weeks, Monday to Monday and finding the tranfers costs high. Looks cheaper to rent a car and pay to park!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,609 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Geneva to Val Thorens

My twins are on a trip to VT right now.

They are stuck at GVA as there was an avalanche and huge boulder (sep incident) on the road.

Now.those are cleared the VT road is shut. 14 of them scrambling for hotel rooms (and not the 400+ ones)

Reply to: Geneva to Val Thorens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted