We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

Hi,

I and four others are desperately trying to find a way from Grenoble airport to Val Thorens ski resort on the 21st December. Booking a taxi seems extremely expensive and we were wondering has anyone every done this trip before and have any ideas how we could do it!

Or could you be or knight in shining amour and share your car with us or share a taxi!

Thanks,

Robin

Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
698 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

You could try Ben's Bus:

bensbus.co.uk/ski-transfer/…

I haven't used it myself, but it gets reviewed regularly.

Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
698 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

Just a thought: if Ben's Bus doesn't run on your dates, then the only other solution I can think of is:

- shuttle bus from Grenoble airport to Grenoble bus station (which is next to the railway station)

- train from Grenoble to Moutiers

- bus from Moutiers to Val Thorens: http://www.altibus.com

Hope that helps. In fact, Grenoble airport isn't the best one to fly into if going to Val Thorens. It's nearly 200 km and takes between 3 & 4 hours by bus. Even if the flights to Grenoble are cheaper, you could end up paying far more for your transfers.In addition, regardless of the airport you use, many transfers only run on Saturdays and Sundays. Anyway, you should be able to do it quite easily by train/bus, so don't worry.

Have a great time! There's already a good snow base at Val Tho, as it's high.

Edited: 03 December 2016, 09:46
Chamonix, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

Hi, have you tried Ben's bus (link on this page for GNB > VAT https://www.valthonet.com/buses They offer seats on a coach which could help!

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
411 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

You can try findtransfers.com for the cheapest private/shared transfer offers vs hire car or blablacar.fr for car pooling. It's tricky as it's early in season. There is also altibus.com?

5. Re: Grenoble Aiport to Val Thorens, 21.12.2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2018, 15:15