We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day

DCandFam
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Labor Day

Hello,

I have 2.5 extra days in France before meeting up with my daughter/mother. My plan was to arrive in Marseilles early am, pick up the rental car and drive to Vaison La Romaine via Beaumes de Venise, Gigondas and Seguret on Saturday April 30th. On May 1, leave the car parked and see the Vaison sites. On May 2, enjoy the market and head back to Marseilles to pick up mom/daughter. (We will be in Saint Remy for 9 full days and have many day trips planned. Vaison la Romaine was on our initial list but then cut, hence my desire to see it with my free days.)

Questions:

1. Because it is Labor Day weekend, will parking be impossible?

2. Will the town be jam packed because of the holiday?

3. The historical sites appear to be open. Will most everything else be open or closed due to the holidays - shops, restaurants?

4. Is there anything else that I should be aware of for being based in Vaison la Romaine over the holiday weekend?

Thank you in advance for any advice, information or opinions.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,522 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Labor Day

Do you think that parking spaces close down due to a public holiday?

But: This year labour day is on an Monday. More of an issue...

Vaison-la-Romaine...
Level Contributor
275 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Labor Day

You will be just fine. Not everything but a lot of shops will be open, the restaurants are open und there usually is a big flea and antiquities market on.

3. Re: Labor Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2018, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Vaison-la-Romaine
More Vaison-la-Romaine Topics