We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental One Way

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Car rental One Way

Can anyone advise on One Way Car Rental - San Sebastian to Carcassonne?

I thought I had to start at Hendaye because it is in France but not having any success, dont know if it is the one way or no rental cars in Hendaye!

Thanks

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,472 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Car rental One Way

If you are referring to San Sebastian, Spain into Carcassonne, I personally would not event attempt it. In all likelihood, the one way fee would be greater than the rental itself. I am not sure what any small town, French rental car company would do once they took possession of a car licensed in a foreign country.

Still, you can ask Autoeurope or Kemwel, they have access to a large number of companies and offer very competitive pricing.

You might also want to check into taking the train.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,875 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: Car rental One Way

Your one-way charge will likely be several hundred Euros.

Occasionally, a rental company might have displaced cars that need to return from one country to another. You might get discount rates that way but you can't book these until very near your date of rental. One company that offers such discounts is Hertz. You can take a look at their website.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Car rental One Way

Maybe I need to train From San Sebastian to the closest town over the French border and hire the rental car from there.

Could you suggest a town over the French border please?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
497 reviews
4. Re: Car rental One Way

The Gare SNCF at Hendaye has at least one car hire company that I can think of: Europcar. And that is a short walk across the car park from the Euskotren train (from San Sebastian) into France.

Many of my clients have done this sort of thing or some variation. If you were to travel on to Biarritz then the airport there has several hire car companies. I wrote a complete list here: biarritzairporttransfers.com/Biarritz-Airpor…

5. Re: Car rental One Way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Hendaye
More Hendaye Topics