We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from railway station

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
Taxi from railway station

Hi,

I am taking a very early flight from Biarritz and need to take a taxi from the Hendaye train station to the Biarritz airport. Any advice on how long it takes, approximate cost and also if it will be hard to get a cab very early. I need to be at the airport at 8am.

Thanks!

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
497 reviews
1. Re: Taxi from railway station

There could be taxis at the rank but there is no way of knowing how much they would charge.

The journey at that time of the day should take 30 minutes.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,103 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Taxi from railway station

There are trains from Hendaye to Biarritz around 645/7am which will get you to the station there in around 30 minutes and a taxi from Biarritz station to the airport will get you there in about 5 minutes. A lot cheaper than a taxi all the way.

You don't say when you are going but current train times are these:

0639 Mondays to Fridays from 27 August

0646 Sundays and Holidays until end August

0652 Monday to Friday until 24th August

0659 except Sundays

0728 except Sundays

There are earlier trains if you really want to play safe - times here

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Aquitaine/Tridion/61-BO…

Hope that helps.

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
3. Re: Taxi from railway station

I am taking the first train out from San Sebastian on 14 Sept and it will arrive at the Hendaye Euskostren station at 6:31am. When I checked on the sncf site, there is a train at 6:39 am but I am afraid I may miss it as the train stations are different. The next train is at 7:28am which arrives at at 7:52am and I am not sure I will get to airport on time. My flight is at 8:55am.

Cubsur, I do not see the other trains on your time table. Am I using the wrong site. Am checking using this:

http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/

Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,103 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Taxi from railway station

The timetable link I used is to the printable timetable from the TER Aquitaine website. There are all sorts of short-term changes as there is an ongoing programme of reconstruction work in the area. I think I have this right.

The 0659 Intercités train is shown as running in the 'changes' notice but times seem to vary almost day by day! For example, tomorrow (19th) early departures are listed at 0653, 0707 and 0720.

You can also check times for a specific date at www.voyages-sncf.com

The Euskotren station at Hendaye is in the forecourt of the SNCF station, no more than two minutes walk from the SNCF ticket hall.

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
5. Re: Taxi from railway station

Thanks. I guess I will check when I am at the Hendaye train station closer to my departure date in Sept.

Paris, France
1 post
6. Re: Taxi from railway station

Hi,

i am arriving hendaye tommorow evening 8 to 9pm.and i want to go san sebastian,spain this is my frist time to hendaye.can i got taxi to go there and how much take money for this travel.please mail me.thanx

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
497 reviews
7. Re: Taxi from railway station

You can get the Euskotren train from Hendaye to San Sebastian (Donostia in Basque). Find more information here:

http://www.euskotren.es

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,103 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Taxi from railway station

Also take a look at this Trip Advisor page

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g219215-c136764/Basqu…

The Euskotren train costs about €1,60.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 23:21
9. Re: Taxi from railway station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2017, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Hendaye
More Hendaye Topics