We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

varazze, don`t step foot in it

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
varazze, don`t step foot in it

I`m originally from Savona i lived there as a child and go over frequently so i know the area very well, this is why i would like to advise anybody thinking of staying in varazze. The town could be lovely if it was looked after properly, but what makes it worse is the arrogant, ignorant locals especially in restaurants and hotels which are of very bad standard. The Savoy hotel is a horrible building on the beach which looks and smells like an old hospital, its supposed to be 4 star, as soon as we arrived to check-in, myself, my husband and daughter we ran away with our luggage in search of another decent 4 star hotel but ended up in the Cristallo Hotel, which was quite bad too. The standard of the hotels is terrible, some friends of ours that came over for our wedding had a lot of hassle with a few of them too. But to make matters worse one night when we went to a bar called INVIDIA for a few drinks, the owner starteD shouting at one of our guests and insulting her just because she asked for a bacardi and coke in 2 separate glasses! When i went over to see what was happening he kept shouting and told us all to get out! I think the people of varazze don`t know how to deal with tourists, they`re very ignorant and they try to rip you off at any chance they get. Horrible, nasty and sour.

1. Re: varazze, don`t step foot in it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Varazze
Recent Conversations