We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varazze, Italy

Maui, Hawaii
1 post
Varazze, Italy

My husbands family came from Varazze, and we are very interested in seeing that town and area. Unfortunately, we will be first time travelers to Italy. ANY information would be helpful. We like quaint, romantic, beautiful places (flowers, food, scenary) and are not interested in hiking, biking etc. I'd say probably mid range prices (whatever that is!!). Thanks for any and all help.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Varazze, Italy

We stayed in Varazze one night prior to our Costa cruise. The Hotel Coccodrillo was great -- very friendly and helpful staff, a wonderful gentle huge dog named Max, and our room was nice and had a high end linens and a terrace. The town was really charming -- we found the best pizza ever -- ask the Coccodrillo staff where to go for pizza -- and there was a Sunday morning market we enjoyed. There is also a beach in town. There are hotels closer to the water, but we didn't find any with a water view. We had to ask to see a larger room when we arrived, but the second room met our needs perfectly, as we were traveling with our daughter and needed a little more space than usual. The Coccodrillo is also just up the hill from the train station.

Pueblo
1 post
2. Re: Varazze, Italy

Hi, I lived in Varazze for 4 months about a year ago! This town has everything to offer! Great food, there is a crepe shop on the main drag through town called Cupido, where you will find Alessandro doing what he does best. I worked at a very high end restaurant called Antico Genovese right down the strip from Cupido. The food is amazing and so is the service! For pizza I recommend Antico Borgo owned by a wonderful man by the name of Luciano, it is only take out, but worth grabbing a pizza to go! For a great meal at a cheaper price there is Condivino, which is owned Max this restaurant has an amazing wine selection and a very good atmosphere! I hope this helps you!

3. Re: Varazze, Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Varazze
Recent Conversations