We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praiano to Ravello bus service

Which Praiano hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
Praiano to Ravello bus service

We will be attending a concert at the Ravello Music Festival during Easter. Is there a bus service in the evening between Praiano and Ravello? We will have a car but are concerned about traffic and parking.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,077 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Praiano to Ravello bus service

Currently, the last bus down the hill is at 19.35, and it arrives in Amalfi the same time as the last bus to Praiano sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

Looks like you should use the car.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,251 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Praiano to Ravello bus service

You will need to check the schedules hyperlinked above closer to your departure date, because there should be buses departing Ravello later in the evening around Easter time. The website is updated several times each year as the seasons change.

Orange County...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praiano to Ravello bus service

We attended a concert on Sept 6 at Villa Rufolo. A special bus was scheduled to take concertgoers back to Amalfi where they could catch the SITA bus to Praiano, etc. We didn't actually take the bus back (we took a cab) but took the bus from Praiano to Amalfi and then the local bus from Amalfi to Ravello. Figuring out where to find the bus from Amalfi to Ravello was a tiny trick but it turned out there was an office (across the street from where all the buses park in Amalfi) that sold tickets and told us exactly where to find the bus.

Personally, I would take the bus there and back or bus there and cab back.

Either way, you will enjoy it a lot. Pick a good place for dinner. We regretted our restaurant choice (too touristy and campy and it was our 30th anniversary so I was very disappointed in choosing it) but Ravello and Villa Rufolo are lovely.

Edited: 08 January 2011, 01:23
Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Praiano to Ravello bus service

Thank you for all the information. I solved the problem by changing two of our three night stay to Ravello with the last night in Praiano. It will be Easter and I can imagine the traffic. We decided to have lunch at Cumpa Cosimo the day of the concert rather than rushing dinner beforehand and possibly having a snack later if we're hungry.

I'm sure the bus information will be helpful to others checking this site. I had a problem with the Ravello Concert website so emailed. They were working on the website over the holiday period so that explained why it wasn't working but I got a nice reply assuring me that seats were booked.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praiano to Ravello bus service

If you're staying at a hotel they will often have an agreement with a driver to return you to Praiano for about 35 euros. If you're staying at a hotel I'd email them and ask.

6. Re: Praiano to Ravello bus service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 07:17