We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

New York, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

We are headed to positano in a couple days for our honeymoon. Spending 4 days/nights in Positano, then 3 days/nights in Capri, followed by the last 3 in Rome. Just looking at the 10 day forecast on Wunderground and it looks like its going to be around 70degrees F during the day and low 60s at night along the amalfi. I'm trying to pack efficiently so was hoping to get a bit of advice :) I was planning to bring moslty short sun dresses for the day time, with a light long sleeve cardigan if it gets chilly. Hoping to be able to lay out by the beach for a day in Positano and also in Capi? Am I being to optimistic? Are people laying out in the sun this time of year there?

MANY THANKS in advance!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,754 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

When I was there in late March, there were a few days of around 68 to 70 degrees and there were some people lying on the beach - even a few brave souls who went into the sea. With the sun out, it is really lovely in that weather to lay out -

New York, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

Thanks Momcat!! I think I will be good to stick with the packed attire then.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

I am leaving in a few days also! Is a jacket/sweater necessary at night? What about jeans vs. dresses at night? Help! I am worried about packing, also. :)

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

Looks like the sun will be shining! I'm taking a sweater/shrug or two for early mornings, evenings and on the water. We leave next Friday. Coming from Dallas, you will probably find the evenings quite cool.

www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city…

Enjoy!

Shropshire
Level Contributor
545 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

We left Minori yesterday (10th May): I wore shorts every day, sandals, no socks, short sleeved shirts, the evenings are cooler, long sleeves, cardigans (sometimes around the neck, not on) and long trousers. The wife showed her legs off during the day too, dresses or trousers in the evening, with a shawl.

Locals and tourists sun bathing during our stay, certainly hot enough.

<*))))))><

Atlanta
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

Just got back from Positano last week and while I was skeptical of the temps forecast in low 70's it certainly felt warm enough to go sleeveless and even catch a slight sunburn. Perfect as long as the sun is shining! You will need a light sweater or jacket at night. Wish I was still there...have a fabulous time!

7. Re: Headed to Positano in a couple days.. last minute advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 23:18