We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can one tell me please

Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
120 reviews
59 helpful votes
Can one tell me please
Save

Is it easy to do a day by public transport to Pistoia from Lucca

thanks for info

Piazza del Duomo
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Piazza della Sala
Cathedral of Saint Zeno
South East England...
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
4 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

See: http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/tuscany/pistoia.html

mesh

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
16,715 posts
112 reviews
583 helpful votes
2. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Yes, as it's on the same line. See my trip report for further information:-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g194830-i1078-k11703365-Montecatini_Trip_Report_Photos_June_18-Montecatini_Terme_Province_of_Pistoia_Tuscany.html

Enjoy.

The Sea Ranch...
Level Contributor
656 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Dear thesegmrs,

Yes it is very easy to get to Pistoia and IMHO it is worth a visit.

And hopefully I am not stepping out of bounds by making this suggestion, but I see you have posted about visiting Pisa, Volterra, Florence, and Pistoia. How long will you be in Lucca? I ask because I hope you will not short-change yourself by not giving yourself enough time to ‘be’ in Lucca, enjoying strolls or bike riding or sitting on a bench along the walls, having aperitivi in a piazza, a leisurly lunch, a cafe... if you are only there for 4-5 days and you spend all your days on day trips to other places, not only will you be hot and tired (especially this time of year!) but you won’t get to experience la dolce vita.

Edited: 1 year ago
Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
120 reviews
59 helpful votes
4. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Look Laura H we have 5 nights 6 days in Lucca .. What i am doing prepare info ready, then we do as we can handle as after all we are not young lolololol ...

The Sea Ranch...
Level Contributor
656 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Sounds like a good plan. I noticed you also inquired about Viareggio and the Devils Bridge. All fun places to visit, but clearly your time is too short to do all those trips without being exhausted, and without really enjoying Lucca. Travel less see more!

We have been lucky to spend 6 weeks every year in Lucca for the past 6 years and we just love it. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
120 reviews
59 helpful votes
6. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

I know its going to be hard to do expecialy at our age ... but as i said i try to do our best Laura H

South East England...
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
4 reviews
40 helpful votes
7. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Laura, those six years have gone by quickly, I recall you asking about parking in Corso Garibaldi back then!

mesh

The Sea Ranch...
Level Contributor
656 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Indeed they have Mesh! I still remember your kind help with my question on parking back in 2013. As you know, we can’t get enough of Lucca and since we’ve retired, our first stay of 10 days turned into 6 weeks and it’s still too short!

Sounds like your stay is going well. Dolce far niente!!! Enjoy!!!

South East England...
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
4 reviews
40 helpful votes
9. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Thanks Laura, just had another nice meal in our apartment. As we are night owls it's 01.15 am and are thinking of going to bed now but looking forward to another day just enjoying Lucca!

mesh

The Sea Ranch...
Level Contributor
656 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Can one tell me please
Save

Wow you ARE night owls! Enjoy!!

Get answers to your questions about Pistoia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.