We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT HELP needed - Orvieto parking - leaving Friday !

Mississippi
Level Contributor
70 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
URGENT HELP needed - Orvieto parking - leaving Friday !

Sorry to ask again but I didnot get any replies so here goes:

We will be stopping in Orvieto for the day, driving from Rome. We will have our luggage and need to have a place to park the car while we have lunch and tour Orvieto. I have rented a mini-van so luggage will not be completely out of sight like in a car trunk. Can anyone advise me on SAFE SECURE PARKING?

Mentioned in this post
Orvieto
Orvieto
Province of Terni, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT HELP needed - Orvieto parking - leaving Friday !

I have never had to park my car in Orvieto parking lots but I did a web search for you and came up with this excellent website:

orvietoonline.com/orvieto_raggiungere_orviet…

It even has a photo of the parking area and how to use the funicular.

Below are some excerpts taken from other travel forums/sites which may also be of help.

Entering the city center is rescricted. The are 2 ways for a day visit to the upper town.

1) park at the free parking of the railways station (east side of the rock) and take the "funicolare" (cableway) up to the city center. 75 people can be moved every 15 minutes.

2) go to the west side, and park at the PARCHEGGIO A PAGAMENTO "EX CAMPO DELLA FIERA". Not free, but at reasonable price, you can park your car at this new covered carpark. From there, a sistem of lifts, corridors inside a grotto, and moving stairways brings you up to the citycenter. Fun for the children, too!

Parking at Campo della Fiera is for example only 0,50 € per hour or 5 € for 24 hours! Now how good is that?

Mentioned in this post
Orvieto
Orvieto
Province of Terni, Italy
Mississippi
Level Contributor
70 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT HELP needed - Orvieto parking - leaving Friday !

Thank you SO VERY MUCH! I really appreciate your kind assistance.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT HELP needed - Orvieto parking - leaving Friday !

Prego!

Buon viaggio!

4. Re: URGENT HELP needed - Orvieto parking - leaving Friday !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 05:17