We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

Hi,

We are staying in Ortisei/St Ulrich for three nights in the last week of September. One of the hikes we would really like to do is the Adolf Munkel Weg (trail 29 in the Gillian Price/Cicerone guide). I'm having trouble figuring out how we would get to the start of the trail - we will not have a car and I can't find any local bus routes/timetables which stop at the start point online.

How would we get from Ortisei to the start of the trail in late September?

Thanks!

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

Hi

the easiest way to get onto the path is to take the Rasciesa funicular from Ortisei (open until 8th October) and from the top of the lift follow path number 35 to Brogles and then continue on under the Odles mountains to the Zanseralm/Rifugio Zannes. Just follow path 35 all the way to Malga Glatsch, from where you turn left to the Zanseralm.

From here catch the bus back to the Val Gardena. They run approx every hour but you'll have to change a couple of times. (Timestable http://www.sii.bz.it/en/siitimetablesquery)

Alternatively catch the bus to the Zannes Hut and reverse the process.

I hope this helps

DD

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

Hi Dolomite_Daisy, thank you so much for taking the time to explain - this is really useful information. Is this a fairly challenging walk or okay? We are quite active but our hiking is generally limited to the English countryside.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

Hi,

the walk is easy and the path is good. It's got a couple of gentle ups and downs but nothing too extended. It should take about 4 hours (or a bit longer if you stop for a beer at the huts!)

DD

Edited: 31 July 2017, 14:11
London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

Perfect! Thanks again - I think we are definitely up for it. Looking forward to it. :)

5. Re: Adolf Munkel trail - how to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ortisei