We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to choose between hotels

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to choose between hotels

We have bookings at both Mueble Il Riccio and Il Rondo. We have two couples in two rooms and we have a car. We'll be staying for a week. Which one would you recommend the most?

6 replies to this topic
Scranton...
Level Contributor
664 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to choose between hotels

I had a reservation for Mueble il Riccio for May, which we just canceled (our plans changed, and we're no longer going to be staying in Tuscany). While I haven't experienced the hotel, I can tell you that my interactions with the owners were very good. We had questions about which specific room and view we would be booking which were answered very clearly, and after making our reservation we received detailed driving directions to avoid the ZTL as well as a PDF permit for a parking space in an area reserved for the hotel. When we changed our plans and canceled, that went very smoothly as well.

We considered Il Rondo, but felt that its location outside of the center of Montepulciano would make getting up to the town for dinner and a passeggiata each evening (one of our favorite passtimes in Italy) a chore.

Edited: 20 December 2017, 05:17
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to choose between hotels

There are hundreds and hundreds of reviews for both these properties here on TA alone.

Why are you asking this question?

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to choose between hotels

Il Rondo may be the easier of the two if you have a car but poster number 1 makes a good point about it being on the edges of the old town. Ultimately, it's a personal decision based on what you yourselves want from a hotel, fitness levels (it's bit of an uphill walk into the old centre), want to do whilst you are here. Dat makes an excellent point about checking the huge number of reviews.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,113 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to choose between hotels

I have not stayed at either hotels and, frankly, know nothing about these. Once you make up your mind, please cancel the 'other' reservation as soon as you can so that the owners can rebook. Sometimes people tend to hold on to the reservation until the last possible cancellation deadline, leaving the ownership with an empty room. Kind of not right..

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to choose between hotels

Thank you everyone. And yes, I canceled one of them yesterday when I decided to stay with Mueble Il Riccio. I agree that it's unfair to hold reservations, especially when there are so many people trying to book some of these small hotels.

We're so excited!

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to choose between hotels

You are so excited? Just reading your post I am hugely excited for you! When are you coming? Good choice of place to stay, you'll really get a feel for life in the old town.

Reply to: Trying to choose between hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montepulciano