We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

Laguna Niguel...
3 posts
Save Topic
Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

We're looking for a cook or "Italian Mama' who will prepare breakfast each morning and dinner for approximately 5 nights. Our villa rental is in the Massa Lubrense area and there are 18 of us (all adults). The villa's kitchen has a very professional setup. Our trip is scheduled for 1 week in early September 2019.

6 replies to this topic
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

Angelo and his wife and daughters have run 'Angelo's Taverna' at Marina de Lobra for generations and he knows and is probably related to everyone in the town. Angelo is probably the best person to contact to suggest someone who might be suitable. Via Fontanella 1, 80061, Massa Lubrense, Italy +39 081 878 9392

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,449 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

Or you could ask your rental agent/owner if they know someone.

You may have to explain the concept and dishes you associate with breakfast because an Italian cook will not be familiar with them.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

Usually rental agents or owners will have such contacts especially for such a large villa.

Laguna Niguel...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

Thanks Mike! That's great info. Do you know if Angelo or his daughters speak English? Since all I have is his phone number, I'll need to call him to find out if he can help me and since I don't speak any Italian, speaking English will be necessary in order for us to communicate.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

They all speak perfect English , German, French and one of the daughters also speaks Chinese. While staying in self catering accommodation in Massa I have eaten there a lot and Angelo is the perfect 'Mine Host'. If you overindulge on both Food and wine it is not uncommon for Angelo to drive patrons back to their accommodation in the 'Red Ferrari'

Laguna Niguel...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento

Thanks Mike! I'll call him today!

Reply to: Cook needed for private Massa Lubrense villa near Sorrento
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Massa Lubrense