We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
28 reviews
Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

We want to take a bus from Sorrento to Massa Lubrense to visit Marina Della Lobra and have lunch. Can’t determine if there is one stop only in the town (I think so?) and how far the walk would be to the Marina. Would SITA bus be the best option? Thanks to anyone who can help.

8 replies to this topic
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
238 reviews
1. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

The bus you want is the Eva bus which runs every 20 minutes from 6am till midnight. The bus stop is right outside the town hall and it is where the drivers take a break so there is normally at least one bus waiting. . Looking away from the sea take the right hand street beside the Town Hall and walk down this road till you get to the 'Questura' [police station] and swing a right again and the road gets very narrow. You will then cross the main winding roadway[ that takes you to the Marina car park] down the side of the church car park and down the steps. If you are going to Angelo's [ Food is fantastic] for lunch then swing a right again down some more steps and you are there. If you are going to one of the 2 Pizza places you go left. If you have went to Angelo's and you have overindulged in both food & wine if you talk to him nicely he may drive you back up to the town hall in the 'Red Ferrari'

Edited: 05 May 2018, 17:57
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

Thank you MikeBR. Will look into EVA bus. CAn you tell me if that bus stops at the same stop as the SITA bus in Sorrento? And we just need to flag him down? We are staying at Hotel Minerva on Via Capo.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
238 reviews
3. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

Yes they stop at the same stops and it starts at the Railway station and it runs every 20 minutes and it SHOULD take 15 minutes to get to Massa. certainly up till last year you could buy a ticket from the driver otherwise get them from a Tabac. But remember to validate your ticket when you board no matter who you bought it from as they employ a lot of ticket inspectors on that route.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

Thanks again MikeBR

Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

I will stay to Hotel Caruso in Massa Lubrense. Have I any bus to Sorrento? Where is the nearest bus station?Thanks.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
238 reviews
6. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

The only Hotel Caruso I know of is not at Massa Lubrense, but in 'Termini'. The Tourist open top double decker stops there, but I'm not sure about normal service buses or who operates them. Termini is a really small hamlet, but IMO has the best Limoncello factory in the region.

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
7. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

There is a bus service to and from Termini it leaves from the church

UK
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense

The Sita bus company operates the service to Sorrento..

sitasudtrasporti.it/archivio/…0

Edited: 01 July 2018, 12:35
Reply to: Bus stop in Massa Lubrense
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Massa Lubrense