We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

super green pass - 6th Dec

Harrow
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

Hello All

Does anyone know if the intended introduction of the super green pass will apply to under 18s - as not being double vaccinated - would they still be entitled to ski in Livigno

We had planned on the green pass - test at the pharmacy every 48 hours - but super green pass removes the option of this for this unvaccinated

would one vaccination be enough

skiing Xmas - two families (all double vaccinated) - except one under 18

Angela x

45 replies to this topic
Laurens, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

I’m also curious as we have a Dec trip as well with an under 12.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

Hi Angela

Read this and see if you think it means under 18 are ok if parents have green cert?

We are out 11th Dec with a 6 year old

DIG

SWAB EXEMPTIONS FOR INFANTS AND MINORS

Children under the age of 6 are not obliged to present proof of a negative result for molecular or antigen tests on entry into Italy but must comply with the isolation obligation when required.

Persons under the age of 18 are exempted from the obligation of isolation (where applicable) only if they are accompanied by a parent who is also exempt from such requirement because of the possession of a certificate of vaccination or a certificate of recovery.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

Angela

Just emailed our agent in Livigno who gave me this link http://www.italia.it/en/useful-info/covid-19-updates-information-for-tourists.html

This is the government site and as he says more reliable than newspapers at the moment.

He advised to keep checking it as any changes will be on there first

DIG

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14,849 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
4. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

# 3

The Link to the Italian government travel website is NOT UPDATED to reflect the very recent "Super Green Pass" requirements.

Read this posting of mine for more current information:

BREAKING NEWS:

"SUPER GREEN PASS" to take effect on Monday, December 6, through January 15, 2022, BUT COULD BE EXTENDED BEYOND THAT DATE.

The "Super Green Pass" will take effect NATIONWIDE, and REGARDLESS of the color-coded risk classification (white-yellow-orange-red).

The "Super Green Pass" will be issued only to (i) FULLY VACCINATED PERSONS with an approved vaccine, WITHIN THE PREVIOUS NINE (9) MONTHS; and (ii) persons who have RECOVERED from Covid-19 within the previous six (6) months. This means that a third dose of vaccine will be required after 9 months from the second dose (or single dose of Johnson & Johnson).

Unvaccinated persons who have NOT recovered from the virus will NOT be eligible for the "Super Green Pass." They will be EXCLUDED from a wide range of social activities, including (without limitation), dining in INDOOR restaurants, cafes or bars, going to the gym, discotheque, and entering cultural, musical or sports venues (including MUSEUMS).

Unvaccinated persons who have NOT recovered from the virus WILL be allowed to go to work, board passenger aircraft, ships, ferries and hydrofoils, regional buses, high-speed trains, Intercity trains, all forms of local public transportation (bus, tram, metro, elevated rail, and commuter trains), and stay in hotels, PROVIDED THAT THEY HAVE A NEGATIVE COVID TEST RESULT, which is valid for 48 hours if antigen, or 72 hours if molecular-PCR. This is now referred to as the "Regular Green Pass."

CHILDREN UNDER AGE 12 WILL BE EXEMPTED FROM BOTH THE "Super Green Pass" AND the "Regular Green Pass"

THE WEARING OF MASKS OUTDOORS WILL BE REQUIRED IN YELLOW, ORANGE AND RED ZONES, but NOT in white zones (UNLESS required by local regulation). Some regions and municipalities have already imposed this outdoor mask requirement, even in white zones, with more expected.

MORE ITALIAN CITIES ARE STARTING TO MANDATE THE WEARING OF FACE MASKS OUTDOORS.

FOREIGN TOURISTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS WHEN IN ITALY. This will affect UNVACCINATED tourists who have not recovered from the virus in the previous 6 months. In particular, note the Covid test requirement for taking public transportation if unvaccinated.

THE CURRENT ITALIAN ENTRY REQUIREMENTS ARE APPARENTLY UNAFFECTED, as least at the moment. However, there are likely to be changed effective mid-December, if not sooner.

https://www.ansa.it/english/news/2021/11/24/govt-to-bring-in-super-green-pass_ec8f19a9-7b10-4556-8075-340476ad04e7.html

https://www.corriere.it/cronache/21_novembre_24/super-green-pass-nuovo-decreto-approvato-oggi-consiglio-ministri-c1d45c9e-4d38-11ec-8b01-c023696b7b18.shtml

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14,849 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
5. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

ANOTHER POSTING EXPLAINING THE NEW RULES, INCLUDING SKIING:

For INDOOR restaurants and eating establishments, a "Super Green Pass" will be required starting December 6, REGARDLESS of the color-coded risk scheme prevalent in the area. This means Covid tests of any kind will not be enough. Only fully vaccinated or recovered persons will gain access. However, this restriction does NOT apply to OUTDOOR seating (where no green pass is necessary), nor to consumption of beverages or food at the bar counter (even indoors), nor to enter grocery stores.

For skiing in the WHITE or YELLOW risk zones, an ordinary green pass will be required. This means that a negative Covid test result WILL be sufficient (72 hours for the molecular test and 48 hours for the antigen-lateral flow test). HOWEVER, in ORANGE zones, a "Super Green Pass" will be required. The same rules apply to gymnasiums and swimming pools. In the RED zone, these activities will be closed.

For entering hotels and using ANY FORM of public transportation, an ordinary green pass will be required starting December 6.

Children under age 12 are exempted from BOTH the regular green pass AND the new "Super Green Pass."

https://www.msn.com/it-it/notizie/italia/super-green-pass-dove-serve-e-dove-no-resta-libero-laccesso-ai-supermercati/ar-AARa9vw?ocid=uxbndlbing

https://www.corriere.it/economia/consumi/cards/super-green-pass-dove-occorre-vaccino-dove-basta-tampone-nuove-regole/piste-sci.shtml (see slide 7 for skiing)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
6. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

Bit confused - for a 14 year old who has had a single covid jab (all they're entitled to at the moment in the UK) - will they be able to get the super green pass?

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14,849 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
7. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

# 6

Unless you are a RESIDENT of Italy, or an Italian citizen who resides abroad and is registered with the A.I.R.E., you do not quality for either the Italian "green pass" or the "super green pass."

Your question is whether PARTIAL vaccination is sufficient to qualify as the "functional equivalent" of the Italian super green pass (I assume that your child did not get the J&J single-dose vaccine). The answer is no, if the Italian green pass/super green pass rules are being applied correctly.

This effectively creates a problem for U.K. tourists planning to go to Italy. As far as I know, the Italian government has not carved out an exception or "work-around" for partially vaccinated children as far as concerns the green pass (as they have done for ENTRY purposes). Nevertheless, I cannot say absolutely that partially vaccinated children who travel with the fully vaccinated parents are NEVER getting into museums, restaurants and other venues which require the Italian super green pass or functional equivalent.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
8. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

Thanks - that's a bit of a concern! I hope they decide to make some common sense provision in the next few weeks before we head out there for Christmas

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

Green certificates equivalences in Italy

Certificates issued by the health authorities of Canada, Japan, Israel, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands and British bases on the island of Cyprus) and the United States are equivalent to those of the European Union for access to businesses and services in Italy such as indoor restaurants, museums and cinemas. They can be presented on paper or digitally, in compliance with the requirements established by the circular of 30 July 2021.

So I presume that 1 jag os enough for under 16

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14,849 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
10. Re: super green pass - 6th Dec
Save

EXCELLENT observation.

As a technical matter, I agree that this should justify matters for children from the U.K. who cannot get a second jab, pursuant to current U.K. procedures.

As a practical matter, however, I do see problems being raised by many venues which would be reviewing the vaccination certificate of such a minor: I strongly suspect that many would balk at allowing the minor to enter (especially private businesses such as restaurants) when they see only the first dose of the vaccine having been given (unless J&J). I expect that you would need to convince them that the Italian Ministry of Health Circulars apply and render the U.K. vaccination certificate valid in Italy. Best to bring a copy of the Circulars with you:

https://www.trovanorme.salute.gov.it/norme/renderNormsanPdf?anno=2021&codLeg=82920&parte=1%20&serie=null

https://www.trovanorme.salute.gov.it/norme/renderNormsanPdf?anno=2021&codLeg=81917&parte=1%20&serie=null

I suspect that when these circulars were issued, the particular issue of partially vaccinated minors was not even contemplated, and they were referencing instead fully vaccinated adults.

Edited: 28 November 2021, 15:58
Reply to: super green pass - 6th Dec
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livigno
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.