We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Monte Cassino

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Day trip to Monte Cassino

I am contemplating a day visit to the Monastery of Monte Cassino when staying in Rome in October. I will probably use the train to get from Rome to Cassino. My question is about availability of taxis from the station to the Monastery, and is it easy to arrange a pick up from the Monastery when returning to the station?

Also, I read somewhere that toilets are only available in the car parking area? Is that the case or are there toilets visitors can use within the Monastery?

Thanks in anticipation of help and advice.

2 replies to this topic
London, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Day trip to Monte Cassino

Hello

I'm pretty sure there are numerous taxis available. Another less expensive route would be to take the bus, which is available from the train station. Here is the link from the official Montecassino website

abbaziamontecassino.org/abbey/index.php/en/h…

Washroom facilities are located in the car parking area. I don't remember there being any available inside when we last visited (i to. am returning for another visit this October) Enjoy your visit there...it's absolutely stunning!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Day trip to Monte Cassino

Many thanks for the information. I look forward to my visit, and your comment has raised my expectation!

Reply to: Day trip to Monte Cassino
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cassino