We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disability

2 posts
Save Topic
Disability

Whilst not disabled, I am 80, with some difficulties with hills, steps, etc. Would Bardolino be ok for me? - I have been told that it is less hilly than some of the other Lake Garda resorts. Am fine potterimg about on the level, riding on ferries etc.

Mentioned in this post
Bardolino
Bardolino
Province of Verona, Italy
5 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,920 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disability

Bardolino would be fine, its a fairly flat town with just a very slight incline to reach the main road. The lakeside and most of the town centre is flat, nice wide paved streets and traffic free. There are ramps onto the ferries and the staff are always on hand to give any assistance. There are quite a few hotels right on the lakeside.

Travelling around the lake you should be okay in most of the towns, Lazise, Peschiera del Garda, Torri del Benaco, Riva del Garda, Salo etc. Sirmione is fairly flat but the streets are quite narrow and do get very busy, so maybe not ideal for walking. The main one to avoid would be Malcesine which has a small lakeside area but steep cobbled streets. Limione also has steep cobbled streets but has a nice flat lakeside promenade.

Edited: 10 July 2018, 15:32
Mentioned in this post
Bardolino
Bardolino
Lazise
Lazise
Peschiera del Garda
Peschiera del Garda
Torri del Benaco
Torri del Benaco
Riva Del Garda
Riva Del Garda
Trento, Italy
Sirmione
Sirmione
Province of Brescia, Italy
Malcesine
Malcesine
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disability

As well as the towns mentioned by tepore, it's worth looking at Garda town which is the neighbouring town to Bardolino.

Garda has a long, flat lakefront promenade and also has several lakefront hotels which lead directly to the promenade.

The path between Bardolino and Garda is wide and traffic-free, and there are benches at regular intervals.

Mentioned in this post
Garda
Garda
Bardolino
Bardolino
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disability

Thank you very much for your help - I think Bardolino sounds great. And perfect for my limitations.

Mentioned in this post
Bardolino
Bardolino
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disability

Ditto Scozzese and Tepore, Bardolino and Garda would be ideal for you. Great towns for just bimbling around and enjoying a bit of exploring and sitting by the lake.

Mentioned in this post
Bardolino
Bardolino
Garda
Garda
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disability

Bardolino would be perfect for you, We met a lovely older lady and her husband who was in a wheelchair and they were having no problems getting around, i think because it is quite flat and easy for walking a lot of older people choose it. Neighbouring Garda and Lazise are also flat. If you stay central everything is basically on your doorstep and you don’t have to walk too far with plenty of cafes to have a seat and watch the world go by. Definitely go, you won’t regret it! ☀️😎

Mentioned in this post
Bardolino
Bardolino
Garda
Garda
Lazise
Lazise
Reply to: Disability
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted