We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

Hello. I am arriving on November 20 at 19:15 on Malpensa and I need to go to Alba. I figured it out until Turin, given the late hour (Malpensa - Milan by bus/train, Milan - Torino by train). I will hopefuly arrive in Turin train station around 23:00-23:30.

How can I get on that hour to Alba?

Or is it better to try and book a room for 1 night in Turin? (I would like not to do this, but if there are no other options...).

Thank you for your help!

9 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,722 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

There will not be any transport from Turin to Alba at that time of night. The last train from Turin Porta Susa leaves at 19.35.

I guess you could take a taxi, but that might cost around €120.

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

Thank you for the fast reply! I think I will stay one night in Turin (this way I will have some hours in the morning to visit the city) or I will find a room in Malpensa or Milan until my friend come and picks me up :D

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

That late in the evening it’s just not possible, would say that your only real option is to book a hotel for the night near the train station in Turin and take the train the next morning.

Would also say that, unless you’re on a very tight schedule, Turin is defiantly worth a few hours of your time and would consider sightseeing in the morning, having a nice lunch and then getting the train to Alba.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

If you opt to stay in Milan, then go into the city centre, there’s nothing to see around Malpensa.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

There is a SADEM bus that runs from MXP straight to Turin (without having to go into Milan). You have to check the schedules to be sure, but I believe it runs until at least 22.00 or so.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

Good option too, here’s the timetable for the bus

http://www.sadem.it/media/5191/000020.pdf

only issue is that you’ll need to wait for the 21.00 bus and so you still wonts get there until 23.00

7. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

This is great! Thank you! I will probably stay one night in Turin, get some sightseeing hours in the morning, then I will go to Alba. Thank you!! 👍❤

Turin
Level Contributor
9,672 posts
1 review
8. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

sfmtorino.it/wp-content/…2018.10.03_sfm4.pdf

The direct trains to Alba depart from Turin's Porta SUSA station at the 34th minute past the hour; You'd better pick an hotel close to Porta Susa. The only direct train from Porta Nuova station leaves at 18:10.

new york
Level Contributor
132 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?

Not sure how much time you will have in the area, but Turin is a wonderful city. We spent eight days there last month and just scratched the surface. You might want to schedule at least a full day there.

Reply to: How to get to Alba from Malpensa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted