We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Weather in December

Thinking of booking for Christmas just wondered how warm the weather is thankyou

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Weather in December

Hard to predict, but it'll be nice. Usually mid-low 20's, depending. I have spent the past 2 Christmases in Oman on the beach...

Oman
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Weather in December

the monthly average for muscat is about 27 C (high) to about 18 C (low)

weather is rather pleasant and nights can get a lil chilly ..

Christmas is probably the best time to visit Oman..

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,869 posts
404 reviews
3. Re: Weather in December

We have spent about 6 breaks over New Year in the last 10 years,mostly in Muscat but also in Salalah.

In that time we have had no rain,generally full sun with just a touch of cloud and temperatures averaging 27C day,18C night and sea temperature 23C but slightly warmer in Salalah,especially in the evenings.

The weather at that time of the year is generally much better than the UAE.

In the evenings in Muscat,with a cool sea breeze, a wrap or long sleeve shirt is appropriate and although I have taken a light sweater I have never worn it,just thrown it over my shoulders. Mrs SS wears long sleeve top and carries a wrap.

Already planning our next visit.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 09:45
London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4. Re: Weather in December

Thankyou is it warm enough to go swimming in the sea

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,869 posts
404 reviews
5. Re: Weather in December

As in my PM

"Certainly I found it warm enough,23c is fine for me and there were many guests in the sea at Al Husn and the Al Bustan (I don't like the beach at the Chedi so no longer go there)

cheers

SS"

6. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Muscat