We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resturant recommendations in Muscat

London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Resturant recommendations in Muscat

I will be in Muscat in September. I would really like some recommendations for good reasonably priced clean resturants for dinner and/ or lunch. Omani food wanted but other recommendations welcomed. Walking distance to The Chedi and other recommendations for walking distance near Raddison Blu diplomatic area. Budget for lunch 5-6 OMR each and Dinner budget 10 OMR each.

Really want to hear from you if you can recommend walking distance resturants for lunch or dinner from The Chedi

Thanks guys.

Mentioned in this post
Muscat
Muscat
Muscat Governorate, Oman
Graffiti Burger Bar
€€ - €€€, American
Teatro Restaurant
€€ - €€€, Italian, Chinese, Indian
Kurkum
€€€€, Indian, Asian
11 replies to this topic
muscat
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

When you are in chedi Muscat, please check with hotel staff for budget dining options. I believe within 1 km walk from chedi there are reasonably priced restaurants. Don't worry. Not reccomend to walk in the day time due to hot climate.

London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Thank you. I really want to try local food and support local resturants and see the culture.

I hear their is a heavy Asian influence in food choices. I will do that when I go to Asia... for now it is Omani food.

I have heard the food is lovely at the Chedi and I will try it but I've also heard the prices are way over the top.

I saw a old post someone saying that there is a small resturant unconnectedvwith the Chedi just over their waterbreak by their beach wall but i cannot seem to find further details.

Thanks for your input.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

If you use the "Restaurants" link in the top toolbar you can use the criteria to narrow your choice and to search for price,food style and location and all the reviews pop up.

Chedi is totally over the top-expect £100 per head for a decent meal with drinks...

SS

London, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Head west on Chedi beach, climb over breakwater (assuming they have not made it higher), walk along road to restaurants near the mosque. You can sit outside on plastic seats at plastic tables, so don't expect haute cuisine. I'm not sure what you expect as "Omani cuisine" but you could try Kargeen in Medinat Qaboos.

Mentioned in this post
Kargeen Restaurant
Kargeen Restaurant
1,286 Reviews
Muscat, Oman
London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Oh fantastic! I will do that. As for Kargeen it's on my list so I will definetly go there too.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Kargeen Restaurant
Kargeen Restaurant
1,286 Reviews
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

I second Kargeen.

We went upon recommendation and it did not disappoint.

We did have trouble finding it. So if you drive or walk there just know that it sits behind the shops, so be sure to walk right around.

My sister and I and another couple there as well had trouble searching for it. Maybe it was just us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Thank you Natalie we certainly will be trying this one.

muscat
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Within 5 riyal budget lunch for Imani food near chedi, ask some local working in the chedi for Arab world restaurant in gubrah. It's within 2 km from chedi. Tryout a delicacy called lamb shua with rice. Hope you will like. Per head cost would be around 3 riyals.

muscat
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Kargen is good option for dinner and per head cost would be less than 10 riyals. To get there: take an orange taxi, and request them to take you to this restaurant in madinat qaboos or MQ. Don't pay more than riyal 5

London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resturant recommendations in Muscat

Thanks all advice is most helpful

Reply to: Resturant recommendations in Muscat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted