We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theatre

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Theatre

Is there a theatre in ilfracombe

5 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,019 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theatre

Yes, there is the Landmark theatre, however it sadly went in to administration in January this year.

Ilfracombe, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theatre

Hello - the Ilfracombe Landmark Theatre is putting on shows from May 04, 2018. Their website and latest news are at https:/…Whats-On .

The Tourist Information Centre at the theatre is also open and there is another TIC in Combe Martin museum.

News item dated 05 February 2018: northdevongazette.co.uk/news/north-devon-the… .

Mentioned in this post
Ilfracombe Tourist Information Centre
Ilfracombe Tourist...
17 Reviews
Ilfracombe, UK
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,722 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theatre

Thank you jeangenie. I've been meaning to look up the latest news on that and forget.

They had some of the latest London offerings there and in Barnstaple Queens Theatre just before they closed. That was disappointing. It will be interesting to see what comes. Tauntons Brewhouse came back better than ever.

Going to this theatre at night is special with the lights around the area and the beach. So surprisingly beautiful. Must be one of the best settings for a theater/

Ilfracombe, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theatre

You are very welcome Toopaz. I hope they put some really good shows on at Ilfracombe's theatre, and I know Joe Pasquale is one of the better entertainers who appears there. Yes they do screen West End shows too :)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,722 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theatre

jeangenie I think I remember you're new to the area. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Just before it closed I saw Rich Hall comedian, missed the Chinese State Circus which I've seen before and were amazing. There were a number of the top TV comedians and some of the latest London shows exclusive to the year.

I commented that we no longer had to worry about shleping all the way to the other side of the country between the 3 theaters and Lynton Cinema. That shows the latest releases and Dolby surround sound on wide screen even though it's tiny.

Reply to: Theatre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ilfracombe
Recent Conversations
More Ilfracombe Topics