We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4G coverage

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
4G coverage

Hi can anyone tell me what the 4G coverage is like for EE on the Isle of Man please.

5 replies to this topic
Dresden, Germany
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4G coverage

I've no idea. However 'afaik', the Isle of Man isn't covered by the EU free roaming rules that came into place last year, due to its status. You should check with EE, else you might get a nasty shock when you receive your next bill.

London
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4G coverage

Telecoms on the island are run by Manx Telecom. The companies that operate in the mainland UK don't operate on the island.

You phone will work because of roaming agreements - but check your tariff. Most tariffs treat IoM as "rest of world", which can be extremely expensive.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4G coverage

Vodafone have the Isle if Man as a "roam free" destination for their contract Customers, so included in your UK deal. As for 4G availability, well the Isle of Man was the first place in the British Isles to operate a 3G network, so they are well ahead of the game, and when I was over there last year, had no trouble at all.

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
783 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4G coverage

EE has a roaming agreement for IoM if it’s in your plan, exception for photos. 2 Manx operators, MT and Sure.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4G coverage

coverage is fairly good on the island, wifi is good too but like people say check your plan, my plan is a ee annual max plan upgrade which includes 4g

Reply to: 4G coverage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man
Recent Conversations